“Best Hotel for LAX Business”

Best Western Airport Plaza Inn
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Best Hotel to stay if flying in or out of LAX. Shuttle was on time, driver polite, neat and clean. Hotel staff was professionally dressed, very polite, professional and met all of our needs. Allowed a late checkout so we had somewhere to stay while waiting for time to return back to airport. A pleasant experience. Wish all hotels were this efficient and professional. Thanks to all at Best Western Airport Plaza.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Oh boy, where do I start...

1. The shuttle service is a joke. They told us that it would be about 25 minutes and it actually took 75 minutes. It didn't help that they were picking people up for this hotel in the "Best Western Suites" hotel shuttle (a different hotel). This is clearly problematic because we didn't know what to flag down. Also frustrating because we clearly told the lady at the hotel where we were and he couldn't seem to find us. He was full of excuses.

2. I felt like I was going to be murdered from the moment I got there. This isn't coming from a snob complex - I just expect basic safety and comfort from a Best Western. It's in a terrible neighborhood and the pictures they provide are terribly deceiving. It is motel-like to where anyone can come by and knock on your door, a problem in such an unsafe neighborhood. It doesn't help that the lady at the front desk was the most unwelcoming, unfriendly person in the entire universe. Also, the hotel rooms smell damp and stanky.

3. We have infants and we kindly requested two cribs. They only had one to give us and that pack and play didn't even have a mattress. For those of you with families, that would have meant that our infant would be sleeping on the bars that hold up the pack and play. Not acceptable.

4. The breakfast food is acceptable but there's no place to eat it. There are a few small tables and chairs around their joke of a jacuzzi but in bad weather, it would be pretty rough.

5. Finally, the shuttle service on the way back was equally frustrating. The man at the front desk told us to wait in a certain area and we did. The shuttle is supposed to come every half hour and when it was about 10 minutes late, the driver came out of nowhere and hassled us for not being the correct place. He didn't offer to help us with our baggage, seemed very pissed off the whole time, and did not say a word to us the rest of the way.

I expect better from Best Western. This franchise is an embarrassment to the BW brand.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else but here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aangree c
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

our stay was very quiet, breakfast was until 10 which was perfect for leisure travelers like us and there was a variety to choose from unlike some juice and muffin places. rooms were decent, nothing to complain about.
only major downside for many is the location, pretty downgraded neighborhood, but like I said, our stay was very quiet, Was a little nervous at first.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank positivKD
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Convenient location. Close to LAX airport, beaches, Interstate 405, LA, Beverly Hills, Culver City, etc. Pillows were too thick and very uncomfortable. Breakfast was much better quality than expected with good variety. One guest was talking and yelling loudly in his room with his window wide open, disturbing my peace during breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toby O
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This hotel has a ery small breakfast area for the numer of rooms available. It's as if the breakfast provision was an afterthought. There is no parking for guest's visitors.
There is only one elevator, a slow one. The front desk is not always staffed.
The non-smoking rooms are next to the smoking rooms, and the non-smokers have to walk past the smokers, inhaling their smoke.
I would not choose to ude this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor if youa re gling to go in and out much.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is a great hotel at a good price with a great location. The price was right, and I got what I paid for. I didn't expect a 5-star hotel, this is the best western, but I got a great deal for the money. 10 minutes from the airport, 20 minutes from Los Angeles city. The rooms are clean without all the big works. Rooms include a continental breakfast. To my surprise the breakfast had sausages, eggs, and make-your-own waffles. Breakfast location is very simple, but that is how I prefer it. Take your things, eat there (very small) or take it up to your room.
Room had a fridge, coffee maker and bonus: a microwave. Rooms had free parking, this is a good feature as some hotels charge 40$ per night for parking.. YIKES! Also, room had a free shuttle to/from the airport. The hotel is to a walking distance from a super grocery store (Ralph's) and a pharmacy and many fast dining options.

Employees were very nice and helpful. Only con was that my dad was to meet me halfway through our vacation, he called and called and called from the airport to have the shuttle service, after one hour of trying, he had to take a cab to the hotel. I had asked the guy at the lobby if the shuttle service would still be running late (dad arrived at 11:00 pm) he told me no problem, shuttle was available 24 hours. so that is the only con I can say here. It was a little frustrating for my dad and he had to pay 20$ cab service and wasted one hour of waiting!

Hope this helps everyone.

I would definitely stay there again and I would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Best Western Airpark Hotel
#5 of 33 in Inglewood
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Westside
Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport

Been to Best Western Airport Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!