“Good for early flights out of LAX”

Best Western Airport Plaza Inn
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 16 January 2014

It is a good hotel for what it offers at their great rates. I stayed here to catch an early flight out of LAX - internet was working well plus air conditioning. They have security in the parking lot and I felt safe leaving my car down there. It was quiet however I felt terrible pulling my bags at 4 am in the morning over the very noise floor on my way out.
There is a TGIF close by which is quite nice to hit the late happy hour before bed time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank M_Schali

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I arrived late into the night whereby I found an older gentleman locked behind the office door. Cautiously he opened the door and allowed me in. For good reason, I had a confirmed reservation. After an exchange of pleasantries, he began typing into his computer my last name, one finger stroke at a time; my last name isn't short. After several minutes of ticking and tacking away in the keyboard, clicks on the mouse and stares into the screen, a generous smile and sincere welcome were offered to me. After concluding the transaction he offered a bottled water and a donut or two… a nice touch, arriving so late at night. What a sweet guy (Manager?) he turned out to be.

The room was fine. I was street-facing and, while there was car noise, and a few yells and screams (neither of which preceded or proceeded a crime however), I simply turned on the in room fan and drowned out most of the noise. The bed was fine, I slept well, but could see a changing of the mattress not to far into the future.

No-frills coffee and tea in the room and standard bath amenities. Free and plentiful parking. There is a CVS, Ross and other retail stores nearby. Free LAX shuttle and solid complimentary WiFi

The morning breakfast buffet was good. Fresh fruits, pancakes, hot eggs, assortment of breads, muffins and bagels, Yoplait yogurt, cold cereals and a selection of coffee, juice and tea.

Overall, the location was a good choice in terms of being relatively close to the airport, offering a wide-range of services and a decent nights sleep.

Room Tip: Don't sleep through breakfast (quite decent for a 3-star)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank X1432GLmikeg
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Close to most of LA attraction, Universal studio, Hollywood blv, all famous beaches. big rooms, good breakfast, but one of our rooms was smell badly from chemicals and there was no replacement as the hotel was full booked. The hotel with open corridors that everyone can get in from the street, so we didn't feel safe.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2013

A little old - but clean and comfortable. I was nervous that they still have smoking rooms - so I looked at a non-smoking room before I checked in. No odors/clean/spacious room. I stay at a lot of older Best Westerns around CA on business because my employer does not pay much for my room reimbursment. This one was clean, quiet and comforable with free parking close to LAX. Decor is dated, amenities are few but I'm here to work and it was very easy to get around from this location. Worked for me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy G
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Nice hotel in a convenient location. Breakfast wasn't as good as I've had at other Best Westerns. Quiet room, good parking. Hot tub not working, but didn't need to use at the time. 2nd time I've stayed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Located about 4 miles from the air port, very friendly and comfortable hotel. Got a standard room with coffee maker, small fridg. large flat TV, breakfast. at less than 100$ per night. Internet was slow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Nice place to stay. No worries about car because it is inside structure. Good bed. Breakfast ok. It is a bargain. I stayed with a family group and I felt safe and the staff were helpful. The location is great for making trips to the beach or downtown.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bob W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Best Western Airpark Hotel
#5 of 33 in Inglewood
LAX Area
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#99 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Best Western Airport Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!