“The Motel 6 experience”

Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 27 April 2014

OK, This floors of this hotel are still under renovation. However, I stayed in a renovated room which is by far better than any offering compared to the other enexpesive hotels, motels, or motor inns in the area. It was clean. The staff is super friendly. I felt safe.

Parking was tight after a long night out on the town. There is a large shopping mall about 4 miles up the road for decent eats. The location is about 5 minutes up the road from LAX. I would say this is the perfect place to stay if you are flying into or out of LAX to get your barrings of the area before venturing out. If you are planning on traveling out of LAX and staying elsewhere, you may want to consider transfering to this hotel so you can make your flight. During most of my trip from the Valley or points north of the airport. It can easily take 40 to 50 minutes to travel 15 miles on the highway due to congestion.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a renovated room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sabre C

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Fantastic service, everyone there was incredibly kind and helpful. The room itself wasn't too bad. They only had smoking left as we came in quite late, but the room didn't smell of cigarettes at all, which was great. Bathroom worked fine, so did sink. Wish it would have had something like a mini fridge to store food, however. Beds were fine; the blankets and sheets seemed old, but they seemed clean as well, so there's not much to complain about there. The biggest issue I had was having to pay for wifi. In my experience, most hotels give you a basic wifi package with your room cost, but you had to pay for any sort of wifi here. That was very disappointing. Overall, it was pretty cheap for an LA hotel and the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JD W
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was my second stay at Motel 6 LAX. Both times, we didn't even stay the night, but had a noon arrival and a red eye ongoing flight just past midnight. The hotel is a basic hotel, and very busy with travellers that are arriving, leaving or connecting at LAX. Nothing special, but clean and good value for money. The free shuttle only operates until 9pm, so if you have a red eye, you need to get a taxi. Reception was happy to call a taxi, and it really is not expensive due to the proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michanzl
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Have stayed at this hotel before and very happy with it. Arrived early one morning after a long international flight . The shuttle came promptly. The staff at checkin was so helpful and courteous. We were able to do a very early checkin and relax for the day. The room as always was clean. We used the swimming pool which was refreshing. The Internet is very good and I don't mind paying the small fee for good internet. The staff here always seem very helpful with early and late checkouts. The airport shuttle is a great bonus. Would recommend for a short layover in lax. Plenty of food options near by.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula09ryan
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I had reserved a non-smoking room. When I checked into the hotel at almost midnight they didn't know if my room was ready and there were at least 4 other couples there checking in at the same time. They ended up giving me a SMOKING room (#401)! There was a burn hole in the blanket. The rooms were somewhat clean, but very old and "used". My husband pointed out, the white sheets were somewhat ecru and very thin. Pillows were well worn. After 2 hours of not being able to sleep in the non-smoking room, I called the front desk and asked if I was in a non-smoking room. Turns out the entire 4th floor is smoking! They moved us (but still not to the room I had reserved.) It was at least not stinky. I complained about it to the desk clerk the next morning and she was a bit indifferent to the fact that we had only gotten about 3 hours of sleep due to the night shift desk clerk's ignorance of their rooms. There was an armed security guard. Kind of scary. Had to truly wonder if they were renting rooms by the hour. The maid was outside our room at about 12:15 saying "housekeeping!" Oh, also the shuttle doesn't run after 9:30 p.m. so we had to take a taxi from the airport that would have costy $19. I found another way....won't go there. And it only runs once an hour otherwise. Would I stay here again....NO NO NO NO NO!

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room, don't let them give you a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear ArlaFP,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the service, room type issues and room condition issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We chose this location so that we could be near the airport. We arrived late and there were three spots in the parking lot, but we were unable to fit in them because of the way other cars had parked. 2 rows of parking was blocked off for construction vehicles. I had to return to the front desk and she was not helpful, so we had to make our own spot on the curb. There is no breakfast. Our blankets had cigarette burns in them. It was ok, but not stellar.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anna P
Reviewed 11 January 2014

close to the airport and the interstate exchanges. Not the greatest part of town but lots of restaurants close-by, a small pool and airport shuttle make it worthwhile. The rooms seemed pretty clean but I had to pay for Internet, this was not free.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#95 of 354 in Los Angeles
Value Inn Worldwide
#12 of 33 in Inglewood

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX? Share your experiences!