“Perfect in transit hotel”

Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Calgary, Canada
“Perfect in transit hotel”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed here a number of times and still would.
Friendly staff, good price near the airport and the rooms are updated to the Studio decor.
Very clean.
In regards to the new Motel 6 Studio rooms, I wish they had alarm clocks because on our eleven day trip we stayed at Motel 6 nine nights, and only two locations had the phones work so you could get a wake-up call, the others I had to ask at the desk.
I don't have a cell phone plan in the USA so i had to turn the TV on find the time; bring back alarm clocks please!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We recently stayed in Motel 6 because it was close to LAX and we were going to arrive at the hotel at about 11:00pm and were planning to check out at 8:00 am to get somewhere else. Knowing that it was literally a place to lay down for a few hours sleep I didn't see the point in paying more for a nicer hotel. In retrospect, the $20 more would have been money well spent. Motel 6 at LAX is ROUGH. They had advertised a free airport shuttle and so I went to the hotel shuttle pick up location at LAX to wait. I waited for an hour and there was no shuttle from Motel 6. Thankfully a nice woman with a cell phone (I'm not from the USA so my cell wasn't working there) agreed to call Motel 6 to find out where there shuttle was and they informed us that they don't run it after 9pm. Literally EVERY OTHER hotel was sending their shuttles past and I somehow managed to pick the one that stops at 9pm. They didn't have that information listed on my reservation/confirmation paperwork or anywhere else that I could see.
Arriving at the hotel itself took about 20 minutes from the airport and a $19 cab ride from a super rude cabbie. The staff at the check in counter was efficient. Not especially welcoming or helpful but they checked me in in a bout 3 minutes which was nice. The hotel lobby is basic and clean. Once I got out of the elevator on my floor I was bombarded by a wall of pot smoke. The whole floor just reeked of it. I arrived in my room to find the typical Motel 6 fare. Super basic furniture, stark institutional walls, thin towels and 1 bar of soap. I was definitely expecting this so that was really standard for this chain. Unfortunately the room also came with a very large and questionable dark stain on the carpet that I tried to reassure myself was not blood, but couldn't be sure. VERY loud air-conditioner is the other most noticeable thing about the room. Luckily I could sleep through a war but if you are a light sleeper you will need earplugs or you will need to sleep without air con. We managed to sleep through the night and all was fine, but I would definitely suggest paying a little bit more and getting a hotel that offers a shuttle that runs at all times and where you will be a little more comfortable. Motel 6 really is like spending the night in a minimum security prison - just without the luxury!

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a good room in this hotel. Good lucK!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was in town overnight for a funeral, so needed something cheap and clean. While it could use some updating, it was pretty clean. Better than the bigger name-brand hotel we stayed at a few weeks ago (see my last review). Noisy A/C (bring your earplugs!), looked like the unit was falling off the wall. Close to LAX, our room overlooked the freeway, but didn't notice the traffic noise (because of the noisy A/C!). Very simple, large rooms, could use some artwork on the wall and less colorful bedspreads. No room service, but in the room was a menu for a company that will deliver. Old school phone. Wish the toilet had a lid! I was paranoid I would drop something in it. Noisy toilet. Had to wiggle the handle to keep it from "running." Not much water pressure in the shower/sink, but it was do-able. A little mildew in the shower. Thin, scratchy towels, but for the price, bring your own from home. Large tube TV. Bed was firm, I slept pretty good on it. Didn't get to the pool. We arrived at midnight and there was almost no parking because there was large construction equipment and storage units in the parking lot. Several cars were parked in the red zone. Have to pay for Internet if you need it. No odor to the room, however, my mother-in-law had a room a few doors down that smelled of pet urine. She also said her tub drained slowly. Didn't use ice machine, I did notice vending machine on the first floor.

Room Tip: I don't think any of the rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Good:
- Location: few min to LAX, 12min to Santa Monica beach area;
- Very clean, large rooms;
- Extremely nice stuff!!! Very helpful, thank you!
- Large parking area.
Ok:
- pet friendly;
- have a pool, but we didn't try it.
Negative:
- no free wifi, price per device ($3/day)
- you may faced with strong weed smells in corridors;
- very slow elevators
Resume: will stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Konstantin T
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I recently had to stay near LAX for a hobby show I was attending, and decided to stay at the Motel 6 on West Century just on the other side of the 405 near LAX. The reason I decided to stay there was because the single room rate of $80 was considerably less cost that other competing entry level hotels in the area.

I was assigned to one of the newly renovated non smoking rooms on the 7th and it was perfect. Spotlessly clean, the room was very bright and clean, the bed was very comfortable, the aircon worked very nicely, and I had an excellent sleep on both nights of my visit.

The sound of the aircon drowns out any outside noise or other noise from the hotel, and I slept like a baby. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The $2.99 paid wi fi was slow but you cannot complain given on what you are paying for the room.

Right across the street is an El Polo Loco chicken place which I love, and I had a fabulous dinner there on one of the nights. The bus stop is right outside the hotel, and that made buss access super easy for wherever you need to go.

A ten out of ten visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stay at the Motel 6 at LAX a lot and was looking forward to my stay. I booked a high car park facing room. I was given a 9th floor room, which is a smoking floor, but the room was clean and didn't stink of smoke. To my horror the room had been 're-furbished'. How this is an improvement for the guest is mystery to me. The floor was wooden and cold and what the hell is that one seat and table c**p. I think I may be re-considering my choice of hotel at LAX in future. Why isn't the internet free?

Room Tip: The rooms facing the freeway get a lot of noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sonora, California
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a room here because of the dog policy and we were traveling with two dogs. I would not stay here again even if the room was free. The grounds and parking lot were dirty and strewn with garbage. The lobby was outdated and our room on the third floor was disgusting. The room had a musty, mildew odor with a hideous green carpet that felt grimy underfoot. We wore shoes the entire time. The decor felt like a throwback to the sixties. Bedspread was stained, sink clogged after one use, and the AC unit was very noisy. Mattresses were old and uncomfortable. I know Motel 6 is a low budget chain that offers few amenities. However, I have stayed in other locations that offer updated, clean rooms with comfortable beds where travelers can get a decent night's sleep at a reasonable price.
This motel is in a low income district but that is no excuse for operating such a dirty, outdated facility. Travelers BEWARE !

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank foothillstrekker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
#113 of 351 in Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,433 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles LAX? Share your experiences!