“Lovely rooms, shame about the traffic noise”

Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here after an eleven hour trip from London. We waited about 20 mins for the shuttle.

The check in agent was absolutely terrible, no eye contact mumbled all the time, had to ask about breakfast, said have you got a car no we said so he gave us a parking permit.

The room was on floor 7, lovely room, large king bed, fridge and microwave, good size towels and decent coffee. The only drawback was we were right on the freeway side so a constant noise all the time. So we didn't sleep at all, although the bed was extremely comfy.

Breakfast was more than adequate, with the usual offerings, cereal, yoghurt, fruit. Some eggs and ham. Coffee and fresh milk.

On check out we asked about a taxi and the agent said have a word with the shuttle driver, and he very kindly dropped us off at the car rental depot.

Would deffinately stay again if not for the road noise.We did get an extremely good price due to booking nearly nine months before, would not have wanted to pay any more. The area surrounding the property was very run down.

Room Tip: choose a room away from the freeway
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,480)

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The beginning of the five day stay was great. Everything was set and this hotel was a fit with my schedule. At the beginning of the reservation I was told that the shuttle was available upon request from the airport to the hotel. I let the host know I would be working late, and she said that it would be no problem that I would just need to call. Thursday night I called for a ride around 3 am . I was told that the shuttle was not running until 430 or 5. I was forced to hunt down a taxi. I didn't get to sleep around 5. I had to be at work early. So I got No Sleep that night. Majior Fail on the hotels part. I will likely never stay at the wyngate again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gregory Sadler S
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband & I stayed overnight at this hotel last week & were very impressed with the room decor & cleanliness, Additionally the breakfast was enjoyable. The hotel location is near LAX & excellent for visiting the LA area. The day after we left my husband discovered that he had left his travel alarm clock in the room. We called the hotel & I spoke to Julia in Houskeeping. She went to check & see if the clock had been found. It was & she said that the hotel would send it to us via Fed Ex. The clock is now back with us! We are very pleased with the honesty & efficiency of the staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Having to overnight by LAX, the Wingate worked out great. It was right off the off/on ramps to the I405 freeway, but the noise level was very minimal, and I had a room on the ground level next to the lobby. Very happy about the minimal noise.
There are several fast food & restaurants a few blocks away. I didn't feel uncomfortable late at night walking alone to/from the steak house at the Westin, even tho half the walk was in a fairly deserted area.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here only one night and wasn't coming or going to LAX, so I can't really comment on anything related to the airport. Anyway, they had very nice rooms, clean and comfortable. The service was very helpful and quick. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights coz we needed to be next to the airport. The rooms are new and clean. Breakfast was good, cereals, yoghurt, eggs, waffles, cheese, juice, fruits. Staff was rather unfriendly. The area is very gloomy, especially after dark.

On the whole it suited our purpose. Would look for another hotel next time though. But if we had to stay there we would.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
LAX Area
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel
Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX

Address: 10300 S La Cienega Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90304-1118 (Formerly Hampton Inn Los Angeles International Airport)
Region: United States > California > Inglewood
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Business Hotel in Inglewood
#2 Romantic Hotel in Inglewood
#3 Best Value Hotel in Inglewood
Price Range: £79 - £111 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport Lax Hotel Inglewood