“Nice property. Customer service needs work.”

Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here on our way transitioning the LAX area. The property itself is nice and very modern. I was able to get a good night's rest. The breakfast included cereal (hot and cold), yogurt, fruits (bananas, apples, oranges), eggs, breakfast meat (bacon or ham), cheese, and a variety of breads (sliced bread, bagels, english muffins). There were also do-it-yourself waffle irons. My only concern was with one particular employee working the front desk. At first, I was offended by his cendescending attitude. But I later witnessed him addressing other guest's simple inquiries with knife-edged sarcasim; I actually found it quite comical. This is likely to offend most people if he is the only one that can help you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Had to fly into LAX for one night stay and wanted to stay close to the airport and found Wingate. The shuttle came within ten minutes after calling and the driver was a polite and accommodating young man who went out of his way to assist me. The check-in was prompt and courteous and the room clean, well appointed and adequate. I don't understand some of the complaints I have read...this is an airport close to the hotel - it would not be the hotel you would pick for your vacation to Disney! For a great stay by the airport at a reasonable price - this is the pick. I was impressed with the comfortable bed and pillows and slept well. I did not find it noisy - but in fairness I ran the AC all night and that would've drowned out outside noise as it let you knew it was on!
Other than that - coffee maker in the room, large flat screen, desk area, chair, bed and even had a fridge and microwave - and even though I didn't need it, it was a nice feature. The only thing I didn't have in the room was a hair dryer, which I asked the maid three times for and she never brought. I was going to call the front desk but fell asleep (again, comfortable bed.).

I am a breakfast person and the breakfast room was a good touch and kept me going for the day. There was bacon, eggs, breads, waffles, cereals, fruit - a good added value, as many hotels I'd stayed in would charge $15-$20 for breakfast. The only thing I missed was being able to walk around and pick up food, etc. I didn't have a car and quickly realized that there was no where to walk to that would be closeby. The area is an industrial one and very quiet. Fortunately there were restaurants that delivered and I found a great Chinese one to use. So, no walking around - that was a fair trade-off for a good stay and good service. At least for me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I ended up here after using Priceline to find something relatively affordable in this area. Everyone was professional, there was ample parking (including underground), the decor was up to date, and the breakfast was good. It was also right off the freeway, so very easy to access. I would definitely stay here again.

My only complaint is that when you pull into the hotel, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to park to check in. There were cones blocking part of the entrance to the underground parking, the overhang and structure of the hotel is in the way of pulling into the above-ground parking, and the hotel shuttle vehicle was sort of in the way, too. We ended up parking below ground, and there are signs everywhere saying "permit only" which made me feel as though I'd have rather been able to check in and get something for my dash before I left my car there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014

When we checked in we barely got an acknowledgement and that was generally the type of service we received while staying there. Although the parking is free, it's difficult to get a spot in the lot so you need to go underground which I think is dangerous and narrow. Also, the shuttle buses park right in front of the entrance to the underground lot which creates the possibility of an accident. The bed was large and comfortable, there is free wifi and breakfast.
You are located next to a pretty ghetto area (heading towards the casino) however that's generally the issue with staying by an airport. A few weeks later we stayed at the Hyatt Place Hotel on Nash St and that was significantly better for similar price.
Overall stay was ok and if needed to book here again wouldn't be the worst thing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
WingatebyWyndhamlax, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to see that you would use our hotel in the future. I would have to disagree with you calling the area a “ghetto” I like to go with industrial park. Parking it tight…but it is free. I will look into a better place to store our shuttle so that it would be easier to enter our underground lot. Thank you for the input.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The staff was friendly and professional. We've stayed here before and were glad to be treated with the same attentiveness and courteous treatment we've come to expect. We will likely plan to stay again should the need arise.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for the kind review. I see that you gave three out of five for sleep? is there any way we could make that better? If you have any Suggestions please e-Mail me at wingatebywyndhamlax@hotmail.com.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX

Address: 10300 S La Cienega Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90304-1118 (Formerly Hampton Inn Los Angeles International Airport)
Region: United States > California > Inglewood
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Business Hotel in Inglewood
#2 Romantic Hotel in Inglewood
Price Range: £86 - £118 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport Lax Hotel Inglewood