“Unpleasant Management after an already unpleasant morning”

Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Chicago, Illinois
“Unpleasant Management after an already unpleasant morning”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I traveled to Los Angeles on my spring break, alone. I am a 25 year old female. I stayed in several places. At the end of my trip, I decided to treat myself and check into the Wingate by Wyndham hotel so that I could enjoy the room and take the shuttle to the airport the next morning at 5 am. I had a lot of problems that day already involving car rentals and returns and called Wingate to ask if I could check in early. I was going to be dropped off by Enterprise somewhere between 11 am and 12 pm and wanted to make sure I would have a place to go because check in is usually at 3 pm. I was assured there would be a room available early, so I arrived at the hotel at about 11:50 am. I had no trouble checking in because I called ahead. I dragged my large suitcase to the elevator at 11:58 am. There was a sign on the elevator that said it would be receiving maintenance from 12 - 2 pm. I pushed the button in hopes that I could get up to the fifth floor in the next two minutes. The elevator never came down. I dragged my suitcase back to the desk and asked the girl if it was too late. She asked what I meant, and I tried to explain the elevator sign and pointed to the same sign sitting on the desk there. As she opened her mouth to answer me, a man named Scott [--] (whose name was displayed in the lobby as the MANAGER on duty) came walking out from behind her. He said in a very gruff tone, "Yep the elevator is closed. That's why these signs have been posted since yesterday. You'll have to leave your suitcase down here and come back for it later." The girl said to Scott [--], "She is an early check in, she didn't know." I looked at him and then at the girl and said, "I am not leaving my suitcase down here." This man was at least 6' 3" and was so rude, I almost checked right back out of the hotel. I told the girl I would drag my suitcase up the stairs to the fifth floor myself. As I began to drag my suitcase, the girl from the desk ran up behind me and told me that she would have it brought up and apologized for that treatment I had just received. She told me to just go up to my room and relax. Shortly after arriving in my room, I called my mom and she told me to check out of the hotel. We agreed that for such a nice place, the service from the manager was unacceptable. Then there was a knock on my door and a small man had my suitcase in hand as well as a bottle of water and a pack of M & Ms for me. He set my bag up as I sobbed and apologized to me. I then got a phone call from the girl at the front desk. Her name was Elvia. She asked if I was feeling any better and hoped that the water and M & Ms would help. She apologized again for the way my stay had to begin. The hotel was beautiful and Elvia is the ONLY reason I stayed there. I am very disappointed that such a lovely establishment would find it acceptable to put an individual with no people skills in a supervising position. It is clear this manager should not have any sort of occupation involving hospitality, management, or contact with guests. It is clear that he has no chivalry or pride in his work. I can only imagine what it must be like to work with him daily. Thank you Elvia for your wonderful hospitality and empathy, you should be management.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bri D
WingatebyWyndhamlax, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear valuable Wingate guest.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As a GM of Wingate LAX, I sincerely apologize that you had a bad customer service from our management team. Please give us another opportunity to make your second stay better. We are always ready to serve you anytime, and make you Wingate LAX is the best hotel in LAX Give us a call on your next trip to LA. Again, Thank you for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Convenient location, near LAX car rental return. Super-comfortable bed. Clean; spacious room. Left too early to try breakfast. Courteous, efficient staff. Would recommend to women traveling alone; I felt safe. Noise mentioned by other reviewers was not a problem; slept soundly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Helen318
WingatebyWyndhamlax, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for your good comments about us. We are completely honored to receive such a positive feedback. Your review will be very valuable, and helpful to other travlers who is strange in LAX.
Thak you again
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 April 2014

nice accommodations for a quick overnight stay. close to LAX with the 405 freeway immediately in front. A bit noisy as it is so close to the 405 entrance & exit. Free parking, simple hot breakfast, internet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Nina F
WingatebyWyndhamlax, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your last stay at Wingate LAX.
Make every guest’s stay memorable is why we are here for. Please give me a call for your future reservation. I will assist you.
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was travelling alone and needed a hotel for 1 night near LAX. My flight arrive after 11pm, I called the hotel for the shuttle and it was there within 15 minutes. The driver was very friendly and explained that we had to pick up another guest before going to the hotel. Upon arriving at the Wingate, the front desk employee was welcoming and efficient. I was asked if I needed a wake up call and was advised on the morning shuttle times. My room was very clean and well appointed. I did feel safe there, which was important to me. The complimentary breakfast was adequate and the lobby was comfortable. As I checked out I noticed the large group waiting for the shuttle, the same desk person as the night before, said I would not fit into that shuttle so he ordered me a taxi, I was super impressed. I would recommend this hotel as a perfect layover choice.

Room Tip: You may want a room further away from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bodiddles
Thank you for speaking so highly of our service, and quality of experience.
It was so pleasure to make your stay so memorable.
We always try to impress our guests with the service, food choice, the drinks, and serenity of the environment
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX? Share your experiences!