“Great family choice”

Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our family of four includes an adult son with autism so it was imperative that we had two connecting rooms. We were also in L.A. for business, so we needed wi-fi access and a business center; and we were on a budget. The staff was extremely helpful in meeting all of our needs. The rooms were clean and comfortable with microwave and refrig. The breakfast was free and filling even for my husband and other adult son, and free parking. Definitely will be my go-to place when in L.A.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank S R
WingatebyWyndhamlax, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear guest.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wingate LAX . We appreciate your kind words and we happy to hear that you were completely satisfied with your stay. Politeness, caring and understanding the true meaning of hospitality is what makes strong and who we are. Again, thank you so much for the king words. We look forward to see you at Wingate LAX on your next trip to LA.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I'm in LA at least a few times a year and usually stay here, for the past few years. I did last week for 3 nights. The location is great, easy in & out, & access to freeways. The rooms are very nice, have a fridge & microwave, large TV. Very comfortable and clean, but some wear starting to show. You can relax, work, and watch planes land but not really hear them. The free parking and free breakfast is a great value! However, lately the breakfast times have shortened, and the quality has diminished. The eggs are powdered and the meat just ok. Besides that, they have had elevator problems for about a year now, and they never finish "working on it" and many stays, only one works. This stay there was planned maintenance, so BOTH were out for half a day, and it went out before the time the signs stated, so I had to walk down 6 floors. One morning, it took 12 minutes to get down. I don't know what was going on, I could hear it, and it seemed it was almost there, which kept me from walking down the 6 floors that time. For over a year, I have had problems with the keys. I always get two, but have to try several, several times and both keys to get the door to unlock. They need another bench in the fitness center, which does have enough weight apparatus to get a workout in. However, It seems this hotel is in the "cash cow" phase as they are not investing back into it. I hope it is not true, because I have enjoyed staying here for many times, but I'm afraid it's going to go downhill. Please don't.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Reuben C
WingatebyWyndhamlax, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

I sincerely apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay like your previous stay with us

As of April11th 2014, elevator modernizing for two elevators is ALL DONE. New elevators run faster, and are safer than old ones.
We are always ready to help you.
We always try to provide the best breakfast menu possible.
We keep trying new menus, and new items to make guest happy.
I will check on with other guest for breakfast menu.
We are always ready to change for the Wingate guest.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I traveled to Los Angeles on my spring break, alone. I am a 25 year old female. I stayed in several places. At the end of my trip, I decided to treat myself and check into the Wingate by Wyndham hotel so that I could enjoy the room and take the shuttle to the airport the next morning at 5 am. I had a lot of problems that day already involving car rentals and returns and called Wingate to ask if I could check in early. I was going to be dropped off by Enterprise somewhere between 11 am and 12 pm and wanted to make sure I would have a place to go because check in is usually at 3 pm. I was assured there would be a room available early, so I arrived at the hotel at about 11:50 am. I had no trouble checking in because I called ahead. I dragged my large suitcase to the elevator at 11:58 am. There was a sign on the elevator that said it would be receiving maintenance from 12 - 2 pm. I pushed the button in hopes that I could get up to the fifth floor in the next two minutes. The elevator never came down. I dragged my suitcase back to the desk and asked the girl if it was too late. She asked what I meant, and I tried to explain the elevator sign and pointed to the same sign sitting on the desk there. As she opened her mouth to answer me, a man named Scott [--] (whose name was displayed in the lobby as the MANAGER on duty) came walking out from behind her. He said in a very gruff tone, "Yep the elevator is closed. That's why these signs have been posted since yesterday. You'll have to leave your suitcase down here and come back for it later." The girl said to Scott [--], "She is an early check in, she didn't know." I looked at him and then at the girl and said, "I am not leaving my suitcase down here." This man was at least 6' 3" and was so rude, I almost checked right back out of the hotel. I told the girl I would drag my suitcase up the stairs to the fifth floor myself. As I began to drag my suitcase, the girl from the desk ran up behind me and told me that she would have it brought up and apologized for that treatment I had just received. She told me to just go up to my room and relax. Shortly after arriving in my room, I called my mom and she told me to check out of the hotel. We agreed that for such a nice place, the service from the manager was unacceptable. Then there was a knock on my door and a small man had my suitcase in hand as well as a bottle of water and a pack of M & Ms for me. He set my bag up as I sobbed and apologized to me. I then got a phone call from the girl at the front desk. Her name was Elvia. She asked if I was feeling any better and hoped that the water and M & Ms would help. She apologized again for the way my stay had to begin. The hotel was beautiful and Elvia is the ONLY reason I stayed there. I am very disappointed that such a lovely establishment would find it acceptable to put an individual with no people skills in a supervising position. It is clear this manager should not have any sort of occupation involving hospitality, management, or contact with guests. It is clear that he has no chivalry or pride in his work. I can only imagine what it must be like to work with him daily. Thank you Elvia for your wonderful hospitality and empathy, you should be management.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bri D

Dear valuable Wingate guest.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As a GM of Wingate LAX, I sincerely apologize that you had a bad customer service from our management team. Please give us another opportunity to make your second stay better. We are always ready to serve you anytime, and make you Wingate LAX is the best hotel in LAX Give us a call on your next trip to LA. Again, Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Convenient location, near LAX car rental return. Super-comfortable bed. Clean; spacious room. Left too early to try breakfast. Courteous, efficient staff. Would recommend to women traveling alone; I felt safe. Noise mentioned by other reviewers was not a problem; slept soundly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Helen318
WingatebyWyndhamlax, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for your good comments about us. We are completely honored to receive such a positive feedback. Your review will be very valuable, and helpful to other travlers who is strange in LAX.
Thak you again

Reviewed 6 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
WingatebyWyndhamlax, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Reviewed 6 April 2014

nice accommodations for a quick overnight stay. close to LAX with the 405 freeway immediately in front. A bit noisy as it is so close to the 405 entrance & exit. Free parking, simple hot breakfast, internet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nina F

Thank you for your feedback on your last stay at Wingate LAX.
Make every guest’s stay memorable is why we are here for. Please give me a call for your future reservation. I will assist you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Westside
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
The Westin Los Angeles Airport
#56 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX? Share your experiences!