“The best Breakfast of the whole week in LA”

The Serving Spoon Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 209 Restaurants in Inglewood
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Todmorden, United Kingdom
“The best Breakfast of the whole week in LA”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

In LA on business at the North American Tunnelling Conference & Exhibition at the JW Marriott and being in the construction business and English I do enjoy a good breakfast - the hotel stuff is ok but it sits under a pan lid and maybe there for 10 to 15 minutes and it is not all the same temperature and someone pinched my perfectly toasted slice of bread etc - however this place, an urban eatery, my colleague found it and as I was his guest it would be rude not too and, well what can I say - ok lets try - its fresh cooked, good helpings, not shy as we say on this side of the pond - the welcome was friendly and it was meant - the guys and girls who waited at our table were very good at what they did, quick service and polite - the food was great - back bacon and fresh eggs over easy - well cooked - coffee by the bucketful just what we guys want in the morning - so, if we are successful at the Crenshaw LAX Transit project (tunnels part) - I'll be back with my colleagues.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Johnthetunnel

“Friendly service, good brunch”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Don't be fooled by the exterior of the building. This place is great for brunch. I'd recommend the fried catfish, and breakfast potatoes. The french toast and fried porkchops looked really good, but I didn't get a chance to try it.

I stopped by this place on my way to LAX. It's a landmark in Inglewood.

• Visited April 2014
Sacramento
“Outstanding! !”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

This place makes you feel at home. The owners and servers were very helpful and friendly. Now the food is excellent my husband and I had the chitterling dinner. Awesome The place was packed so get there early if you a really hungry. I will be going back for the breakfast menu. I live in Northern California and we are going back soon..

• Visited February 2014
La Mesa, California
“Great breakfast and service”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stopped by this restaurant after arriving at LAX and on our way to the Natural History Museum. This is an unprepossessing eatery in a run-of-the-mill strip mall that belies the great dishes waiting for the diner. The people are very friendly and the service excellent. We had basic dishes--eggs, English muffins, omelets and home made fries. All were great. I highly recommend stopping by. It's definitely worth a try.

• Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great Food and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I recently tried this restaurant for the first time and loved everything we had from the creamy grits to the waffles...everything was delicious and perfectly cooked. The staff was very friendly and catered to our needs and the atmosphere is very inviting. I would highly recommend it for a breakfast or a late night snack

• Visited December 2013