“Relaxing and quaint”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Dancing Coyote Beach
Ranked #4 of 10 Inverness B&B and Inns
Silicon Valley
“Relaxing and quaint”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a different sort of B&B experience. We never saw anyone who worked at the Cottages and didn't interact with other guests. It felt more like vacationing in a guest home. Albeit one where someone else makes the bed every day and replenishes breakfast items! It was nice to be able to make fresh eggs and coffee for breakfast while in pajamas.
The view from the cottages is gorgeous. The location was pretty convenient for exploring the Point Reyes National Seashore Park as well as eating in Olema and Point Reyes Station.

The only downsides to the cottage are the walls are a bit thin (you can occasionally hear both other units and some road noise) and the bathroom is quite tiny. It's not that easy to move around (notice the bathrooms are the only part of the cottages *not* pictured on the website!). That said, the shower pressure is great and the water is hot, which makes the bathroom superior to many other hotels!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank minipenne

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sonoma, CA
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Spent a nite at Dancing Coyote, after driving by it many times over the years and wondering what it was like. Got the Beach House, which is literally on the beach. Small, but efficient unit. Decks, chairs, etc with great views over the bay. Short walking distance to small store, coupla great restaurants. Special treat was mid morning, two squadrons of WHITE PELICANS out on the bay, trolling for breakfast. super quiet.

Room Tip: Get the Beach Cottage if available.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PINONVY
Oakland
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Our unit (Birch) was like a beautiful very large doll house in a Maxwell Parrish setting. The footprint of the unit is small but its brilliant design made it seem like a house. Everywhere you turned there was a nook with a perfect feature or view. I stopped counting the windows and skylights when I reached15. There is a small deck off the upstairs bedroom with one chair and a view of the bay. Off the kitchen is a larger deck with a view of the beached boat just off the bay. I could go on and on about the picture postcard views and the charm of the unit.
There are new owners who were gracious to us. They offered us a complementary second night because we were accidentally booked in another unit that had been previously promised to others. After our stay, they sent us several emails enquiring about our experience. They are in the process of upgrading the facility.
This is a special place that is well worth the price and perfect for Valentine's Day. Next time we will stay for longer.

Room Tip: From the outside, the Beach unit seemed to be the largest but our unit (Birch) had everything that w...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drbrok
Alameda, California
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I decided to take a mini getaway from Oakland up to Pt. Reyes for an overnighter. I did my research and found Dancing Coyote Beach looked to be an amazing place to stay. I was right! It was extraordinary. There are only four cottages and I was fortunate to be the only person there on a Monday night which made my stay extra special. I felt like I was all alone far far away, yet the tiny town of Inverness is only a block away.

I had a peep into all of the cottages while the housekeeper was still there. They are all amazing, quaint and charming. I stayed in the Skye cottage since it was just myself and thoroughly enjoyed it. It, as are the other cottages, is well lit and open with plenty of large windows, the fireplace kept me warm at night, the bed was ridiculously comfortable and great to wake up to a large window overlooking the bay, and the room was clean and comfy. The kitchen was stocked with pots, pans, and other kitchenware. I went to the market and bought food to cook for dinner. You may need to buy spices, only salt, pepper, and honey are provided. The refrigerator was stocked with an overabundance of breakfast foods. To my dismay, I even enjoyed the outdoor shower. Don't worry, it has a plastic top covering over it and a sliding curtain for some privacy. Wear one of the ultra soft robes to and from the shower. There are plenty of hooks for towels and robes.

One reason I went to Pt. Reyes was to check out and photograph the shipwreck that I have seen so many photos of. Lo and behold, the shipwreck is right there, just off the property! This topped it all off for me! The property is so picturesque with plenty of chairs, patios, and nooks to escape and enjoy nature.

The owner, Greg, is a sweetheart. He promptly responded to my concerns and questions. He even checked in on me to make sure I was comfortable via text, knowing I would be alone, since my friend cancelled at the last minute. I love this place and recommend it to everyone who wants a little getaway or a longer vacation!

Room Tip: The Skye is a bit smaller than the other three cottages with a smaller bed, great for one-two people...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank R0adTripL0ver
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

What a find! The quirky design of the cottages (basically apartments in a row) means that although cosy they feel spacious with lots of light & views from every side, & a wonderfully comfy bed & skylight to stargaze through. The grounds have pretty flowers & chairs, & it is secluded enough to feel incredibly remote yet only 5 minutes from the nearest shop & 10 minutes from the nearest restaurants. The only downsides were the soundproofing wasn't that great (although other guests were quiet & considerate), the parking fairly small & not marked out, & Skye cottage was tiny in comparison to the others. I hope to return!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank HK12341234
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We just returned from the most fantastic weekend at Dancing Coyote. We stayed the Acacia cottage (its the only one that allows dogs and we brought our little dude with us). The pictures on their website dont do it justice, it is super clean and adorable. We had planned to go out to dinner the nights we were there, but after being there decided to just cook dinner at the cottage instead. Yes, it is right next to the freeway, but we rarely heard the traffic. And, if you look around town, most places are right neat the major road too. The private beach is awesome and the views are unbeatable. We spent time in Point Reyes (went to the Cowgirl Creamery, so awesome!) and to the Bovine Bakery (we went back three times, get the morning buns they are amazing, one day we brought them back for the next mornings breakfast). The breakfast they serve is fine: we found eggs, bagels, english muffins, juice and yogurt in our fridge as well as coffee and tea. With so many fantastic local bakeries, we would have loved to have seen them include a local muffin, or danish from in town but overall it was fine. While you're out during the day, they come in and clean up, put away your dishes and make a new fire! It was such a nice touch and made us feel pampered. We loved the location and the cottage and are already planning our trip back. Some tips: if you bring your pet be forewarned that they do not want you to leave them in the cottage alone (they did not mention this when we booked). I understand this for long periods, but we crate our dog and hes fine for an hour and we would have loved to leave him behind while we ran down the street to get a coffee. They also didnt mention how limited the hiking trails are in you want to bring your pet (there are none it turns out) and only three beaches where he is welcome, so it really limited what we could do with him. Next time, we may not bring him along. If you do bring your dog, try Kehoe Beach, it was the best of the three. The beds are very comfortable and we slept like babies. Overall, we had a fantastic time and would absolutely recommend Dancing Coyote to any friends or family. Get away from your busy life and escape to the peace and beauty of Point Reyes, Inverness and the National Seashore!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Smenezes
Sherman Oaks, California, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed in the "Skye Cottage" -- the smallest of the units -- and found it to be cozy, eclectic and welcoming. And the views from every window were truly breath-taking. The downsides were, our room had an extremely tiny bathroom with a toilet and a tiny, tiny sink and the shower was outside. Yes, outside and the shower curtain didn't provide complete privacy. But then, you're out in nature and there's really very few people around, so showering was a rustic experience, but the water was hot and it was spacious and clean. Inside, the stove hardly worked and one of the lower, double-paned windows of our unit was shattered. And yet, I loved this place. Here's the thing, anywhere else, I would have said the room wasn't up to snuff. But, it was very clean, the loft bed was a dream it was so comfortable and the view from there was a piece of heaven. And did I mention the super soft robes? We brought our eight-year-old daughter and since so many of the lodgings in Point Reyes are B&Bs meant more for an adult clientele, we very pleased to find a place that was kid-friendly. There was plenty of wood for the fire place and even though I could nit-pick, I would heartily recommend Dancing Coyote. The refrigerator was nicely stocked with breakfast items and there were books and games in the room. It really felt like we were renting a house rather than just a room. The grounds are beautifully maintained and natural and the lovely Tomales Bay is just steps from any of the units. Our daughter loved exploring the area, making sand castles, chasing sand pipers, peering into the abandoned boat near the property -- it was truly idyllic. I've stayed in many lovely places, but Dancing Coyote is very a special place in a magical setting. While the lodging itself has a few shortcomings, overall they are inconsequential. I can't think of a better place to stay up there. Dancing Coyote is not perfect, but with a glass of wine, it's awfully close.

Room Tip: The unit that is up against Sir Francis Drake Blvd. may have some traffic noise
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ivy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
The Lodge at Point Reyes
#3 of 10 in Inverness
Point Reyes Hostel
Point Reyes Hostel
#1 of 2 in Point Reyes Station

Been to Dancing Coyote Beach? Share your experiences!