“The best in Inverness”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Dancing Coyote Beach
Ranked #4 of 10 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2006

We are going back for our 2nd time next month. Everytime we go out to Point Reyes, I try to book it but it's a popular place! My husband and I LOVE the place. If you ever get the chance, book a cottage here. It's peaceful and quiet and I like being able to snuggle by the fireplace and being able to cook our own meals if we don't go up to Mankas.

• Stayed: May 2000
2  Thank Maria M

Reviewed 10 February 2006

Dancing Coyote Beach is our favorite place to stay in the Point Reyes area. We've stayed there happily 9 times over the last 10 years. Our last stay was over 8 days in July.

We love being directly on the bay with the gorgeous views and great bird watching. The gardens are lovely in a relaxed way.

Each cottage (and yes, they all are attached but that's never been a problem) has a small deck in the back which is great for views and reading. The fireplace inside makes for romantic nights (and mornings!). The tiny kitchen is perfectly adequate for all sorts of cooking and snacking. The provender left for guests to prepare for breakfast is first class and tasty.

The bed upstairs is wonderfully confortable; the small bathroom (upstairs) is just fine although not luxurious. Everything is clean and well maintained. It is true that some of the furnishings could use an update but, when you've going to a place for years and love it, you tend not to be too concerned with updates.

Dancing Coyote is only a few steps from "downtown" Inverness which we find convenient. Yet, directly on Tomales Bay -- a gorgeous, peaceful and comfortable hide-away.

Beach Cottage is the best; followed by Birch Cottage.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank CatalinaW
A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, DC
Reviewed 2 August 2005

Dancing Coyote Beach was okay, and I have no major complaints. I probably wouldn't be writing this, if I weren't a little annoyed at the way it was advertised: "Four lovely guest cottages nestled among the pines on the shore of Tomales Bay, secluded" and with a "private beach." Indeed, it did have a beach in that it was located on a bit of shore next to the bay, but didn't feel secluded because it is right next to the major road, which gets quite a bit of weekend traffic. And to me "cottage" implies a free-standing house. Actually it was four condo-type "units" with rather thin walls. We could hear people in the next unit thumping around, taking showers, etc. That being said, it was very clean, and we enjoyed the fireplace and the skylight above the bed. There was a little veranda where we sat in the sun with a view of the placid water. It was available on fairly short notice and within easy drive of Point Reyes, so I wasn't exactly distressed, but if I go again I will try to find something more romantic for the price.

Stayed: July 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed 16 June 2003

Quiet, well-maintained, small, cozy unit with loft bedroom, sleeper couch and kitchenette. We had the beach-end unit. View of placid Bay. Deck on beachfront. Cute garden. Close to tiny Inverness and the park. I recommend Dancing Coyote.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
Bodega Bay Lodge
Bodega Bay Lodge
#1 of 5 in Bodega Bay
The Lodge at Point Reyes
Ten Inverness Way
Ten Inverness Way
#3 of 10 in Inverness

Been to Dancing Coyote Beach? Share your experiences!