“Better luck next time?”

Add it.
Drake's Beach Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stopped here for a snack before exploring the beach. The folks running the counter looked overwhelmed, even though it wasn't that busy when we arrived. We had to ask for our drinks, which weren't given to us when we ordered. The garlic fries were greasy, and appeared to be made entirely of the dregs in the bottom of the french fry bag. The chicken strips were dry and overcooked.

This cafe has its location in its favor, and I'm sure it's a nice place to have a beer and watch the sunset. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit, though.

1  Thank puttopal

Reviewed 6 January 2013

From the reviews I read here I really expected something more. It really just is sort of a fast food cafe, the athmosphere is more like a burger joint than a restaurant. The food is OK, nothing special, service is also ok. The salad that came with both lunches (burger and hot dog) had a _really_ strange dressing. Coffee was awful.

If you are on the beach (and also, there's much nicer beaches around Point Reyes) and want a quick bite, go for it, but definetely not worth a detour on your day at point reyes (as we did).

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Go for a walk on the beach, and warm up with coffee, hot cocoa, tasty fish and chips, local oysters, or a burger. Nothing fancy but very tasty.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I liked the fish and chips with garlic added to the the fries. I didn't like as much the clam chowder since we couldn't find much clams and the broth was not thick and creamy but we did find plenty of potatoes, onions and carrots with watery buttery broth. I felt sorry for the two persons working there since they had to do everything. They busted the table, cooked, was cashier and cleaned the tables and refilled all the supplies and they probably washed the dishes. While we were there,the ice machine ran out of ice so they got it from the back, and we had to ask them to clean the table, refill the missing straws, etc. Rated by Zagats?? Overall the food was very good.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

While the restaurant is rustic, the food is actually good. The beach and views from the restaurant are stunning. Try this cafe for lunch, you won't be disappointed.