“Finally some authentic Czech food.”

Vladimir's Czechoslovakian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My girlfriend and I hit this place on the way back from the lighthouse. My girlfriend is from the Czech Republic and so we have dined at several Czech places in Northern California. Finally she found dumplings like her grandmother makes. The gentleman who waited on us said he was the grandson of the original owners who taught him everything he knows. The decor is great and definitely gives you the impression of an old Central European Czech restaurant. The price is typical of everything in the area it seems; Higher than it should be but again, its the area. I give this place 5 stars for making my girlfriend feel like she was eating her grandmothers bread and dumplings again.

1  Thank Ultrasweatproof

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were served by Vladia, the helpful & charming daughter of the restaurant's founder. Although not on the menu, they did serve fish & chips, which was very good. There were absolutely no vegetarian offerings. The very old school Central European menu had potential, but most things were covered with gravy, which detracted from the meal.
The only dessert was apple strudel, made from their own home-grown apples. My piece was all pastry and no apple, which was disappointing.
We found out at the end that they only take cash, which is unusual in a restaurant this expensive. Luckily, we were able to come up with the almost $200 for 5 people.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Like many, I suppose, we were looking for a restaurant on our way back from Point Reyes Lighthouse where we could get a good hot meal on a cool, windy day. We were not disappointed in Vladimir's. A large glass of Pilsner Urquell from a friendly waitress set the tone while we munched on homemade bread in a charming decor. The menu was authentic and we chose to try the goulash served with a sides of pickled cabbage and potato salad. It was delicious. Lunch portions were adequate but not generous and the tab with tip came to $60. Cash or check was required for payment. Overall a very pleasant lunch.

1  Thank frankb582
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here on the way back from point Reyes lighthouse. We used to you Czechoslovakian meals when we were living in Brussels during the 70s. The restaurant itself was very much like one of the restaurants where we used to go to and the food was excellent. The chef and owner was very friendly and took good care of patrons as they came to the bar. The waitress was also very friendly making sure that we were having enough coffee and water. My wife enjoyed her Viener schnitzel and I had the cabbage rolls which were excellent. Also good was bread the dumplings and the red cabbage.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Although it was kind of friendly which any country establishment should be, the food was blah! and the service and atmosphere the same, got the impression that the owner would perfer to be somewhere else... I hope we were there on a bad day ?

2  Thank gweedore55