“Fairy tale beds, coolest outdoor shower”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Manka's Inverness Lodge
Ranked #5 of 10 Inverness B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fairy tale beds, coolest outdoor shower”
Reviewed 21 January 2005

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and fell in love with this place. I had heard about the restaurant from a friend, so being foodies, we had to try it out. when I found they also were an Inn, I thought that would be a perfect weekend honeymoon retreat.

The thing that appealed to me most was there are no phones, no televisions and you are so tucked in to the mountain, you can escape everything! Having just come from a 250 person wedding weekend, we were elated to "hide-out".

We stayed in "Manka's Cabin", the priciest of pricey rooms, but hey it was our honeymoon. The bed was bout 5 feet off the floor and everything was down! You sink in for the BEST sleep you've had since you were a kid! Don't even get me started about the shower! It's outside tucked into the wall (very private) but you can smell and feel the coastal air while you shower! The soaking tub really is big enough for two, my husband and I had room to spare while we both soaked our wedding whirlwind away!

The food and atmosphere at the restaurant is unlike you'll ever experience, it' so cozy and dark in there, it's almost creepy...but in a good way. This is definately not a retreat for those on a budget, as we ended up spending as much there in 3 days as we could have on a 10 day Hawaiian trip, but it's very intimate and a one-of-a-kind experience.

I hate to say anything negative, but only one little thing was disappointing, the other cottage on the property is directly adjacent to the other, in fact, you share a driveway, so I'd of prefered more privacy, but they were very quiet. The personal outdoor hot tub on the deck is kind of visible from other units, so I was nervous to let it all hang out, and I would have prefered to have more privacy.

Also, the shopping areas of Point Reyes and Olema are SUPER close drive for fun mini-trips. You HAVE to go the Olema Inn for their "locals night", so much fun, live band and great tapa's style food-very friendly staff.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
sanfrancisco
Reviewed 3 January 2005

my husband and I stayed in the "Fishing Cabin" 3 times, rooms 1 and 2 several times and the glorious "Boat House", which was an experience never to be forgotten. The linens, decor, beds, (incredible) food and pristine beauty of the environs makes us go back again and again (and dream of going soon). I hate to sound like a cliche, but this place is magical...

7 Thank marbellasanfrancisco
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 October 2004

The Inn booked us in a smaller room than was described to us. Then told us that we were mistaken and the innkeeper argued and told us we booked the wrong room even though it had been confirmed. The rooms were dirty as if they had not been properly cleaned. We were told that breakfast came with the room. What they did not tell us was this was an additional 45 dollars... I think that there are much better places to stay for this kind of money. They could learn something about service!!!!!!!!!

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
The Lodge at Point Reyes
#1 of 1 in Valley Ford
Inn Marin
Inn Marin
#3 of 6 in Novato

Been to Manka's Inverness Lodge? Share your experiences!