Well it's not like we saw loved-up couples all over the place. If they were there, they were hiding in their rooms but we certainly enjoyed our honeymoon at Soneva Fushi. Not only that we were excited to be there at the same time actress Tilda Swinton was there and Michael Schumacher, race car driver. Wow. I even got to snorkel with him and his family. It's such a laid-back beautiful resort, it doesn't matter who is there, everybody is so super chilled out. The staff handle everything with no fuss, you cycle around on bicycles for an eco friendly experience - so do the celebrities who stay - and you are truly barefoot and breathless about what a lucky skunk you are just to be there in such exquisite well thought out surrounds. Everything they do is top notch, we wanted for nothing....our villas were so serene and comfortable. We didn't go for the eco friendly aspect but in the end it became super important to us. Thanks for the tip about www.caviarandmint.com that provides other uber luxe environmentally sensitive resorts because after this experience I don't think we could now stay anywhere that doesn't consider the environment the way these guys do. They truly lead the way....thank you Soneva, for making our honeymoon exceptional. Now we just need to plan a return for our 1 year anniversary...we've also been spoilt for life so nothing less is going to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When Eva and Sonu Shivdasani built Soneva Fushi as well as their home on the deserted island of Kunfunadhoo in the Maldives in 1995 they had no idea that their intensely personal vision of a locally crafted villa and environmentally responsible lifestyle would form the basis of a successful collection of world-class hotels, resorts and spas. But that's exactly what happened. Soneva Fushi was the first 'castaway' resort in the Maldives, pioneering a trend for back-to-nature luxury holidays. It established a blueprint for a highly acclaimed international business, followed by spectacular Soneva Kiri on the unspoilt Thai island of Koh Kood in 2009. The success of the Soneva brand also paved the way for Six Senses Resorts and Spas with award-winning properties in Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Under Eva's and Sonu's direction the Six Senses brand gained a global following before being sold in 2012. Today the Sonevas have many imitators, but no equals. Each Soneva - and a yachting experience, Soneva in Aqua - impresses on a wide range of levels. Breathtaking 'remote but accessible' natural locations, effortlessly chic accommodation, incredible food, truly memorable activities, an inspiring ethos of sustainability and service that is uncannily intuitive. The resort that set the tone and the standards for every subsequent resort. A jewel of an island - large by Maldives standards - with perfect beaches, a vibrant reef encircling the island, a colony of nesting turtles and its very own world class observatory. Located in the Baa Atoll, Maldives' only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi is blessed with extensive coral reefs and significant biodiversity including large concentrations of whale sharks, manta rays and marine turtles. The resort is perfect for romantic couple getaways, or family holidays as it provides unique experiences and activities for all, from diving and snorkelling with the marine biologist, to sandbank dinners and a children's den (playground). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Soneva Fushi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel Kunfunadhoo
- Soneva Fushi By 6 Senses
- Soneva Fushi Hotel
- Soneva Fushi Resort Maldives/Kunfunadhoo