What to say about the most perfect holiday! Soneva Fushi is quite simply 'breath-taking' - the location, the staff, the food, the service and the accommodation could not be improved on and are outstanding. The moment you land in Male you are totally looked after. The water around this lush island is crystal clear and the resort is so cleverly designed that you cannot see anyone else's villa so you really do feel that the island is yours. The food is extraordinary, fresh, vibrant and presented and prepared exquisitely.Our two children (5 & 7) were busy and entertained by a smiley, enthusiastic team who had them doing a huge range of activities during the day. Great dive centre too.
We all left totally re-charged and we could not recommend this hotel more highly. It really is that good.
JP and his tribe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When Eva and Sonu Shivdasani built Soneva Fushi as well as their home on the deserted island of Kunfunadhoo in the Maldives in 1995 they had no idea that their intensely personal vision of a locally crafted villa and environmentally responsible lifestyle would form the basis of a successful collection of world-class hotels, resorts and spas. But that's exactly what happened. Soneva Fushi was the first 'castaway' resort in the Maldives, pioneering a trend for back-to-nature luxury holidays. It established a blueprint for a highly acclaimed international business, followed by spectacular Soneva Kiri on the unspoilt Thai island of Koh Kood in 2009. The success of the Soneva brand also paved the way for Six Senses Resorts and Spas with award-winning properties in Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Under Eva's and Sonu's direction the Six Senses brand gained a global following before being sold in 2012. Today the Sonevas have many imitators, but no equals. Each Soneva - and a yachting experience, Soneva in Aqua - impresses on a wide range of levels. Breathtaking 'remote but accessible' natural locations, effortlessly chic accommodation, incredible food, truly memorable activities, an inspiring ethos of sustainability and service that is uncannily intuitive. The resort that set the tone and the standards for every subsequent resort. A jewel of an island - large by Maldives standards - with perfect beaches, a vibrant reef encircling the island, a colony of nesting turtles and its very own world class observatory. Located in the Baa Atoll, Maldives' only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi is blessed with extensive coral reefs and significant biodiversity including large concentrations of whale sharks, manta rays and marine turtles. The resort is perfect for romantic couple getaways, or family holidays as it provides unique experiences and activities for all, from diving and snorkelling with the marine biologist, to sandbank dinners and a children's den (playground). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Soneva Fushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Fushi By 6 Senses
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel Kunfunadhoo
- Soneva Fushi Resort
- Soneva Fushi Hotel
- Soneva Fushi Maldives/Kunfunadhoo