Soneva Fushi is Heaven on Earth for us. We have visited 7 times and each time we are overwhelmed by the natural beauty of the island and by the exceptional welcome, the genuine care of all the hosts and the peace and the calm which surround you. In addition to this the choice of food whether it be On The Beach (Japanese) under the stars with the sea gently lapping near your table or The Asian or Mediterranean Buffets or Fresh In The Garden, a restaurant built above the herb garden .... it could not be better or more varied with exceptional produce. Should you seek only privacy it is there; should you wish to take part in scuba diving, snorkelling, special events, and to meet others - it is there; the choice is yours. All of it done with discretion and with only your enjoyment in mind. Nothing is too much trouble. The total experience is one that soothes and restores the soul and the spirit. The service is to an unbelievably exceptional level in every area. When we leave we feel we are leaving our family ... until the next time. And the memory and the experience live with us.
All the above may seem 'over the top' - it is not - it is reality.
Harriet & John Anderson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When Eva and Sonu Shivdasani built Soneva Fushi as well as their home on the deserted island of Kunfunadhoo in the Maldives in 1995 they had no idea that their intensely personal vision of a locally crafted villa and environmentally responsible lifestyle would form the basis of a successful collection of world-class hotels, resorts and spas. But that's exactly what happened. Soneva Fushi was the first 'castaway' resort in the Maldives, pioneering a trend for back-to-nature luxury holidays. It established a blueprint for a highly acclaimed international business, followed by spectacular Soneva Kiri on the unspoilt Thai island of Koh Kood in 2009. The success of the Soneva brand also paved the way for Six Senses Resorts and Spas with award-winning properties in Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Under Eva's and Sonu's direction the Six Senses brand gained a global following before being sold in 2012. Today the Sonevas have many imitators, but no equals. Each Soneva - and a yachting experience, Soneva in Aqua - impresses on a wide range of levels. Breathtaking 'remote but accessible' natural locations, effortlessly chic accommodation, incredible food, truly memorable activities, an inspiring ethos of sustainability and service that is uncannily intuitive. The resort that set the tone and the standards for every subsequent resort. A jewel of an island - large by Maldives standards - with perfect beaches, a vibrant reef encircling the island, a colony of nesting turtles and its very own world class observatory. Located in the Baa Atoll, Maldives' only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi is blessed with extensive coral reefs and significant biodiversity including large concentrations of whale sharks, manta rays and marine turtles. The resort is perfect for romantic couple getaways, or family holidays as it provides unique experiences and activities for all, from diving and snorkelling with the marine biologist, to sandbank dinners and a children's den (playground). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Soneva Fushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel Kunfunadhoo
- Soneva Fushi By 6 Senses
- Soneva Fushi Resort
- Soneva Fushi Hotel
- Soneva Fushi Maldives/Kunfunadhoo