…snorkeling…eating…drinking…chilling…why don't you take the bike, they even have a trike old style, so you can pack your towel, your book and some drinks…then you take a chilling bike tour around the lovely paths of the island throu the rainforest of Soneva Fushi…you look at these amazing natural beauty around you…the thousand years old trees, the millions of different green colors, the animals rushing by…the rabbits stopping by to look at you…they seem like sharing some time with you by playing around you or even lying next on the beach to relax (they always have fun story to tell, cause when you look at them, you start automatically smiling)…one hour like this and you have already recovered from your stressful year of hard working…you can even get lost if you want, you can find a daybed nestled in the forest corner with breathtaking views on the sea…living with the nature, thats whats all about on Soneva Fushi. The seaplane lands on some deserted little sand strip, way outside the island, this way no one is bothered from the noise of the daily fying planes…you can even book a day trip to this sand strip and feel like robinson crusoe…There is this restaurant where you can eat in middle of the rainforest, so relaxing and beautiful, go there when the sun is still out, and not after 8, as you then actually don't see anything of the beauty of the nature, but you don't have to miss to see the stars on this amazing telescope they have and listen will to the passionate young man, who explains you the deep view into our space universe…all restaurants offer an amazing large choice of food, that you can find daily something nice to eat…the wine list is great…and the prices even greater…but with the heat you can more easily drink cocktails than wine…the wine cellar is fantastic, and its worth having a look at it and taste some of the best bottles by the glass, thats a great treat to offer to the clients…what amazed me, is that the sand is all around the island very soft, on lots of islands its not that way…depending on the villa you choose or the size of villa you need, they are all nicely layed out with all the comfort you need…maybe sometimes all a bit close to each other, but you never feel disturbed by the neighbors…well my report seems all boring, but thats because all is perfectly orchestred around you, that you feel like being home, your own island, your own home, and that makes it so special…and not to forget of course the fantastic, amazingly helpful, polite and attentioned to all details staff…congratulations to the management and their staff…you made our stay unforgettable and perfect…One of the overall best resorts in the world... Our kids loved it, we loved it…and we will be back of sure...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When Eva and Sonu Shivdasani built Soneva Fushi as well as their home on the deserted island of Kunfunadhoo in the Maldives in 1995 they had no idea that their intensely personal vision of a locally crafted villa and environmentally responsible lifestyle would form the basis of a successful collection of world-class hotels, resorts and spas. But that's exactly what happened. Soneva Fushi was the first 'castaway' resort in the Maldives, pioneering a trend for back-to-nature luxury holidays. It established a blueprint for a highly acclaimed international business, followed by spectacular Soneva Kiri on the unspoilt Thai island of Koh Kood in 2009. The success of the Soneva brand also paved the way for Six Senses Resorts and Spas with award-winning properties in Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Under Eva's and Sonu's direction the Six Senses brand gained a global following before being sold in 2012. Today the Sonevas have many imitators, but no equals. Each Soneva - and a yachting experience, Soneva in Aqua - impresses on a wide range of levels. Breathtaking 'remote but accessible' natural locations, effortlessly chic accommodation, incredible food, truly memorable activities, an inspiring ethos of sustainability and service that is uncannily intuitive. The resort that set the tone and the standards for every subsequent resort. A jewel of an island - large by Maldives standards - with perfect beaches, a vibrant reef encircling the island, a colony of nesting turtles and its very own world class observatory. Located in the Baa Atoll, Maldives' only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi is blessed with extensive coral reefs and significant biodiversity including large concentrations of whale sharks, manta rays and marine turtles. The resort is perfect for romantic couple getaways, or family holidays as it provides unique experiences and activities for all, from diving and snorkelling with the marine biologist, to sandbank dinners and a children's den (playground). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Soneva Fushi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel Kunfunadhoo
- Soneva Fushi By 6 Senses
- Soneva Fushi Hotel
- Soneva Fushi Resort Maldives/Kunfunadhoo