“Food is good, coffee so-so.”
Review of Corner Bakery Cafe

Corner Bakery Cafe
Ranked #3 of 19 Bakeries in Irvine
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This review is for the Corner Bakery in the Market Place in Irvine (on Jamboree). I buy my coffee at the Coffee Bean 2 doors down because Corner Bakery doesn't know how to properly make a cappuccino. I lived in Italy for 4 years, so I feel I know what a cappuccino should be like. A cappuccino is half espresso coffee and half steamed milk with "schiuma" (froth). Corner Bakery consistently either burns the coffee or over dilutes it with milk. I tried their cappuccino many, many times before finally realizing it was never going to change.

I gave the 3 stars because the food is usually good, except for the yogurt with fruit that my friend always orders. Every time she has to ask for fresh strawberries because the strawberries they put on her yogurt are always mushy and old. Honestly, I don't know why she continues to get it. After 2-3 times, I would have stopped.

There are newer reviews for Corner Bakery Cafe

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I love the Corner Bakery for breakfast and enjoy making a short walk from the Hyatt...great way to start a morning!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Solidly decent food, nice atmosphere, friendly and efficient staff, reasonable prices, good location.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This place has very reasonable priced sandwiches and breakfast items - California style (avocados) and great coffee. Highly recommend. And it's within walking distance of the Hyatt Regency, Irvine.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I went to this place a few times when I stayed in the Hyatt Regency hotel. I tried different sandwiches which were all good. I also had the chilli and a pasta for take away. The pasta was lovely!