“Great Tacos! Great Atmosphere!”

Puesto Park Place Irvine
Reserve with OpenTable
Puesto Park Place Irvine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 706 Restaurants in Irvine
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located in the bustling Park Place corporate, shopping and restaurant area, Puesto is a great place to relax, eat and take in the Orange County scene. A good part of the restaurant is open to the wonderful California weather. Seating was prompt and the table service was friendly and attentive. We started with cold beverages and Nopalitos, chips and Puesto Perfect (Guac). The tacos were fantastic! Baja Fish, Filet Mignon and Spicy Atún were my favorites from a tasty list of mix and match tacos. Definitely a place to try!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Delicious food, we got four tacos filet mignon, carnitas, soft crab shell, and fish. Each were excellent and we had spicy margs. Great experience overall more bang for your back than say Ola at pacific city. Beautiful restaurant btw and the whole thing is set up to be breezy.

1  Thank Kaleb D
Reviewed 26 April 2018

This place was right under my hotel in Irvine (AC Hotels) and it looked packed on weeknights so I decided to give it a try. You can either sit outside or at the bar, wait for a table, or sit yourself at the lounge area. The lounge area had tables and couches, looked inviting so that is where I settled. This place is famous for their Mexican street-style food, specifically their tacos. I tried a few of them, but my favorite ones were the two chicken tacos. The taco filling comes wrapped in melted Asiago cheese, which helped me avoid making a mess when eating them. Very tasty and seasoned well. Tried one of their desserts, Aztec Gold, so good! The only thing that I would improve is the table salsa that is served with chips. It was very bland. I found out that the salsa is made in-house on a daily basis, so consistency is sometimes difficult. So I gave them a pass since they make it daily, so decided to give this place 5 bubbles. Would definitely come back.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

On Taco Tue ($2.50/each), we ordered two each of the filet mignon, carnitas and shrimp. In addition, we ordered the campechana ($14). First of all, the tacos are very good. They are packed with tender meat and half the price of normal hours.

On the other hand, the campechana was the worst version of this dish I have ever had. There wasn't much seafood for the price, and the salsa didn't taste good. Lastly, there were peanuts. I have never had campechana with peanuts before.

Modelos are $2.50 on TT, if you can get one. Our waitress Kara has been poorly trained and was super inattentive. We asked her for napkins several times, and when we tried to order a drink, she said we could not. Secondarily the kitchen and bar were painfully slow filling our orders.

Do yourself a favor and stick to either Javier's in Orange County, or Ola in Huntington Beach. You'll say muchisimas gracias (thank you very much). The food is not that great here and the service is terrible.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We went to Puesto on its opening night and have been back a couple of times since. The tacos are incredible and the margaritas are great! I recommend going during happy hour ($6 Puesto Perfect Margs)