“Great Value in Irvine”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Value in Irvine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

My brother and I stayed here for a few days in early February 2013. After much deliberation on where we would stay, I'd have to say that this was the best value that we could find in the area. Very good price for what you get - Free Parking, Free Breakfast, In-Room Microwave/Fridge, Free Wi-Fi. Many surrounding hotels only offered some, if any of these all in one.
The hotel grounds and interior were very clean from what I could see - no complaints. Our only interaction with staff was upon our arrival, as we did not have to ask for housekeeping during our 4-night stay, and the woman we checked in with was very friendly.
The room was very nice, modern, updated. Pocket doors closed off the shower area and toilet area, which was very interesting. Plenty of room to move around, the layout was ideal.
I did have a chance to utilize the workout room, which was very clean and had some basic cardio machines and weights.
Survey says: Will stay again if given the chance.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RMcCollum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed at the SHS near SNA for a business meeting recently and it was a nice hotel. Was up to par with other SHS. Staff was friendly and the rooms were nice. The only knock I have against this location is I called for a wake up call and the call never came in the morning. Thankfully, I always set back up alarms. I spoke to the front desk about this and they did have me in the phone log for wakeup but I never received it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

Excellent location close to John Wayne Airport. Good breakfast choices and service. Coffee service in room only included one packet of cream and sugar so having coffee in the evening and morning was not feasible. No lotion in room. Shower head was turned toward shower door so it was possible to adjust water before entering without getting wet or creating a mess. These are little details that make traveling easier.

• Stayed January 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed here overnight on business. I really like the modern decor in the lobby, the layout of the property as a whole, and the trendy look in the rooms! The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet. I also appreciate that the lobby, elevator, and hallways were clean and free of any debris.

Room Tip: I always select a high floor but the rooms were pretty soundproof from the freeway and street below.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tygar
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We booked a week at this hotel, 2 queens and a sofa bed.
The hotel seems new and clean. The room is smaller than it appears on the pictures.
The beds are comfortable but the sofa bed needs some extra padding.
The staff is very helpful and the included breakfast offers a lot of choices.

But after 2 nights, we decided to go somewhere else... The noise of the heating/AC unit, right next to bed is so loud that nobody can sleep. The unit is located under the window and the way the vents are, it blows air directly into your face when you are lying on the bed.
Then, there is the noise of the mini-fridge... It takes turn with the heating/AC to make sure to keep you up all night.

I tried to get a room facing the putting green but unluckily, those were all taken. So, there is also the noise of the planes taking off and landing, starting at 7:00 Am until 10:30 PM.

I understand about the planes. But the management should definitely get a better heating/Ac unit or find a better way to diminish the noise.

Would we go back despite the good service and the nice decor? NO... We need our sleep and there is nothing that can replace it.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the putting green and bring earplugs...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank stefanny28
General M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Thank You for taking the time to rate our hotel. I am sorry to see that we were not able to meet all of your expectations with our room during your stay and we do appreciate the comment on the service and amenities. We have taken note of the areas you pointed out, and I have had my engineering inspect the AC and mini-fridge and have now solved the problem. We will be working extremely hard to see that the AC units and mini -fridge are inspected frequently to insure that your experience is not duplicated., Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback, and I want you to know we truly appreciate your business and I hope you will give our hotel another try if you are ever in the Irvine area in the future.

Warm Regards.
yukhojo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

i had an extended stay @springhill suites on 17601 fitch road in irvine, ca for the holidays. on Jan 1, i placed the no disturb note on the room but took it off when i left the room @1145am. i came back @420pm with my room still unserviced. i called front desk and was told housekeeping go until 530pm. 1h45min later, i went down to front desk and was told bec the sign was on the door, it meant i didnt want the room serviced. i mentioned that was never my experience in other hotels including marriott-owned properties and i was told that this is their policy in this facility. i am a seasoned traveler, both for business and leisure and this response is just not acceptable. have the rules changed? if i am on a business trip and am in a meeting, i would put that sign out to avoid distraction and normally houskeeping would come back at a later time but never completely unserviced. is this a rule that is left to the individual facilities' interpretation? This really puts a wrinkle in an otherwise uneventful experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

I arrived late on the evening of 12/14/2012. I selected this spot because of its proximity to John Wayne Airport and it enabled me to catch a 6:00 AM flight with no problem.

When I arrived there were a large number of teens hanging around in the lobby. It was a situation the desk clerk should have prevented in that they seemed to be attempting to see who was checking in and seemed to be paying attention to my transaction.

The desk clerk changed shifts while I was checking in and I wound up on the 4th floor when the new clerk realized the 3rd floor where I had been slated to go was also populated with kids running around.

Now, I have to say I'm not a cranky fellow, I just don't feel that kids should be hanging around hotel lobbies and running the hallways at 11:00 PM.

Anyway, my room was very clean, well appointed, and everything worked as it should. I had to depart at 5:00 AM in order to catch my flight so my visit was brief but satisfactory once I got to my room.

Also, I found adequate and convenient parking as well as Wi-Fi.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business