We needed a place to stay for a night and luckily, there were many mid-range hotels in this region. We considered DoubleTree, Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites, and Best Western, but ultimately settled on Springhill Suites due to location and amenities (we wanted a smoke-free hotel with free wifi, parking, and breakfast).
This hotel is located just 3 minutes from the airport. Additionally, they offer free airport shuttles on the half hour from 5am-10pm. The hotel is also just a block away from the highway, so it is easy to get around.
The staff at this hotel are well-trained. We were promptly greeted and check-in was a 5-minute breeze. At breakfast, staff periodically asked guests how they were doing and if they needed anything. Additionally, they immediately cleared tables once guests were done and refilled the breakfast bar.
Cleanliness is paramount for us and this hotel was clean from top to bottom. Sheets were spotless, bathroom was spotless, there was no mold in the grout (hate this), and the room passed the finger dust test.
In terms of room amenities, the bed was comfortable. Other chains, such as Hilton, definitely have more comfortable beds, but we were still able to get a good night's sleep here. We greatly appreciated having a fridge and microwave and liked the separation of dining and living areas. A separate toilet also expedited the morning routine.
The best part about this hotel was hands down the breakfast. Most hotels with free breakfasts only serve stale bagels, pastries, and fruit. Breakfast at Springhill Suites was a different story. The spread did include a variety of breads, pastries, and fruit, however it also included hot oatmeal (with plenty of toppings), scrambled and boiled eggs, sausage, deli meats and cheeses, yogurt, a variety of cereals, and juices and teas. They even had nutella! We were very satisfied with the breakfast and rank it as the best free hotel breakfast we've ever had. What a great way to start the day. The fact that we were able to make sandwiches for the road was the cherry on top.
Overall, we will definitely return to Springhill Suites. The great staff, overall cleanliness, and superb breakfast separate it from the competition and we had an excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Irvine hotel is located less than 2-miles from John Wayne Airport (SNA) off the Costa Mesa Freeway in the heart of Orange County. Travelers will appreciate our Irvine hotel's free: airport shuttle, WiFi, and daily breakfast buffet. The SpringHill Suites Irvine hotel offers spacious suites with plush Marriott bedding, a comfortable separated living area with a sleeper sofa and work desk, a wet-bar with mini-fridge and microwave, and a 37" HDTV featuring 12 HD channels such as CNN and ESPN. We feature onsite amenities like a 24-hour fitness center, indoor heated pool, putting green, 24-hour business center, and onsite event space. Our central location between Santa Ana and Irvine offers easy access to popular attractions like Newport Beach, the OC Event Center, and UC-Irvine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel Irvine
- SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA