“More than expected, a great value!”

SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
“More than expected, a great value!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at a few places near Disneyland, all of them left us wanting more. Free parking, no resort fees, free breakfast... these features are nearly impossible to find near the park.

We couldn't be happier with our stay at the Springfield suites Irvine. Fast check in, room available early, complimentary fruit infused water in the lobby, lots of space in the room for a family of four. The room was modern and in great shape. The separate bathroom and shower was a nice touch. Mattress was a plus and there were plenty of pillows. Free breakfast in the am left us all impressed, a nice spread, not just a muffin and coffee but a big breakfast (eggs, turkey sausage, waffles, oatmeal with lots of mix 'ins, a variety of breads).

For what we paid, this place was a steal. Both the kids and the wife had good things to say. We'll definitely be back during our next weekend excursion to Disneyland and the beach, this property is centrally located between both attractions.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was in town for job training and I was nervous about driving around in the area but this hotel is very convenient to the airport, food, shopping, and highways. The room was very clean and comfortable. I basically lived in the hotel for a week and it didn't bother me at all!

The desk staff were VERY helpful - when I arrived I didn't have the name the reservation was under because it was for a new job and I also didn't have the full incidental fee they charge on arrival but the girl there helped me out and I got to check in without a hassle.

I only had a couple issues: 1) the TV service is not great, the picture goes out and a couple of my favorite channels didn't come in at all even though they were listed on the guide. Probably not a big deal for vacationers but I was in town for work so really spent my evenings in the room mostly. And 2) housekeeping was really poor - they kept not leaving me shampoo and/or conditioner, sometimes 2 conditioners; they didn't empty the old water from the ice bucket or leave me clean glasses and when they did empty the bucket they wouldn't leave a new bag for it; they left garbage sitting all week; they didn't replace towels when I needed them - I had to go to the desk a couple times to ask for things that were not left for me.

The breakfast offered is really good - eggs and meat every day along with fresh fruit, cheese, deli ham, spinach and salsa to customize as you wish, an oatmeal bar with all the fixin's, bagels and toast, muffins, yogurt etc and good coffee 24 hours a day (though it gets left for awhile unattended at night so it's cold if you try to grab a late cup). The girl that tends the breakfast area most days is very sweet and attentive.

Overall a good stay, housekeeping needs a touch up - pack your own toiletries. I did not because of plane travel but next time I will go to the store and buy my own on arrival to avoid frustration.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times throughout the years and have always had a pleasant experience. The hotel is - and smells - very clean. The rooms are modern and good for families - my most recent stay was in a 2 queen room with a sofa bed, which slept 6 of us comfortably, but with all our luggage it was almost a tight squeeze. There are tons of outlets around the room plus a refrigerator, coffee maker and a microwave.

The way the bathrooms are set up - sink and shower in one, sink and toilet in another, is convenient, but I wish there were locks on the doors! The free breakfast is great- not a full breakfast but definitely a step up from a continental breakfast. The dining area is open and inviting.

Overall, I'm glad this hotel has reached my expectations throughout the years. I definitely recommend this hotel if you're staying in Orange County!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa M
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was my second visit to this hotel in the past year and it was a welcome return. I enjoyed the stay here last year and found this year equal to that. It has a very warm and welcoming feel to it and the lobby and breakfast area create a great vibe. The hotel is very handy to the South Coast Plaza area and also JW airport if travelling and the 405 freeway.
The rooms are well set out and have a really modern feel to them at a great price point so overall all its a very good option place to stay and very hard to find any faults.
Breakfast options were pretty much the norn for a Spring Hill Suites but in saying that everything was fresh and well laid out. parking was easy and secure.

Room Tip: As always I like a upper level room but they all appear to be great rooms and have stayed at a high...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

After spending the weekend on the coast, my wife and I stayed at this Spring Hill Suites because of its close proximity to John Wayne Airport (SNA). The hotel is near restaurants and shopping and it is about a five minute drive to the airport. We found the complimentary breakfast to be excellent. There is ample free parking at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, clean,clean. Zen-like contemporary rooms. You feel relaxed as soon as you enter the room. Separate water closet with a sink, fan, and door....hurray. Vanity, sink, and shower in another separate room with door. Comfortable mattresses. Sculptured CLEAN carpeting. Quiet hotel. Mini microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Separated by frosted glass work area with desk, chair, couch and table.
Complimentary breakfast outside (cute area with fireplace facing parking lot) or inside ( beautiful aesthetic...number of the decorator please). Helpful , considerate staff. Refilled items (best blueberry muffins I've ever had)even though we came at the end of breakfast (love the flexibility). Manager speaking to employee about CLEANING a small stain on decorative curtain in breakfast area.. Just the kind of neurosis I appreciate. Small pool and workout area. Safe surrounding area. 1.9 miles from airport to comfort and relaxation.

• Stayed June 2014
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel overall was very good. Breakfast was always replenished despite a large crowd at one time. Fitness center equipment needs work. TVs on treadmills also don't work. If the Fitness center is important to you, stay someplace else. Staff very friendly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business