Visiting friends at UC Irvine, we selected this hotel nearby. Our second floor room had a spacious king bed and since it is a new (open <1 year) hotel, everything in the rooms and its facilities is spic and span clean. We opted to use the stairs more often than the elevator since it was faster--the stair hallways have that new plaster smell that I imagine will fade as time passes.
Overall, it was an excellent value and we found the location great for us--not too far from the beaches and coast, easy to get to Highway 5 to head to LA or San Diego, and there are a few large shopping complexes with restaurants nearby.
Housekeeping always did a good job. Initially there was no remote for the TV and we couldn't open the TV manually so called the front desk and we received a remote soon after.
Only minor issue: the thin walls, esp. if the people in the next room speak loudly. One morning we could listen in on their conversation as if they were in the same room. The rest of the time we didn't have any other issues.
Good: free parking, internet, and breakfast -for Orange County, finding a hotel with free parking is rare. Yes, the location near business complexes and not the beaches lends itself to free parking, but most other OC hotels charge for parking even if they're nowhere near major attractions.
As we stayed on a holiday weekend (July 4th), many children and large families were there on the first few days. Get to breakfast early or it will be hard to get some food. The staff did their best to always replenish everything from food to the condiments such as syrup, peanut butter, marmalade, etc.
On Tuesday morning, most people already checked out and the breakfast room was a calmer experience.
The internet access was very good.
The pool is a tad small, but it's indoors and probably heated. Saw kids using it. We used the gym-max of 10 people it said, but we were always the only ones there. They have two professional gym quality treadmills, two ellipticals, one cycling machine, one balance ball, and a lot of free weights and a weight bench press/chair.
Highly recommend this hotel for its value and what it offers; might reconsider another place if it's a popular holiday weekend and tons of kids with parents in tow (that's the way it looks rather than parents keeping their kids in check) heading to Disneyland are staying here. It will probably have lots of business people during the week and tourists on the weekends with their nightly rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Irvine hotel is located less than 2-miles from John Wayne Airport (SNA) off the Costa Mesa Freeway in the heart of Orange County. Travelers will appreciate our Irvine hotel's free: airport shuttle, WiFi, and daily breakfast buffet. The SpringHill Suites Irvine hotel offers spacious suites with plush Marriott bedding, a comfortable separated living area with a sleeper sofa and work desk, a wet-bar with mini-fridge and microwave, and a 37" HDTV featuring 12 HD channels such as CNN and ESPN. We feature onsite amenities like a 24-hour fitness center, indoor heated pool, putting green, 24-hour business center, and onsite event space. Our central location between Santa Ana and Irvine offers easy access to popular attractions like Newport Beach, the OC Event Center, and UC-Irvine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel Irvine
- SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA