Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Irvine, California
“Very kind people”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

In general the hotel is good, clean and everyting works as is supposed. Internet, TV, AA.

I think what I liked from this hotel is the people, all the people is very kind and try to help me in all they can with tips about the zone, shops and all I need. It was like if I have friends in the town.

Room Tip: I was in the same building that the fron desk very helpful to see the persons in the office.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Joel M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Joel - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that the staff was helpful and made you feel like you have friends in town. As well, we enjoyed reading that you liked your clean room and that everything was in working order.

The staff and I loved having you stay with us. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kirksville, Missouri
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Although TripAdvisor says I checked in one day and out the next, the truth of it is I was about an hour before I asked for a refund on my week long reservation.

Judging from the outside before I even I got to my room I could tell I was in for trouble. AC vents were sticking out from the walls here and there, making it easy to catch your pants leg on them. The fire extinguisher doors were open into the halls, and looked as if they wouldn't latch if you tried.

Once I was in the room there were paint chips missing from the walls, damaged cabinets and portions of the shower finish missing. In general, it was a mess.

The price is what lured me here as other hotels in the area have seemed to lose their minds when it comes to pricing, but I'll pay a bit more to not be skeeved out by the place I will be staying at for a week.

I wills ay this, the front desk was very responsive and offered me another room, and when I told them I wasn't interested they had no hesitation in giving my refund.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Sean A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Sean - I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I am sorry that you got a bad impression about our hotel due to the air conditioning vents being on the outside of the room and seeing items that were in need of repair. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered. Rest assured that your concerns will not go unnoticed, as we are currently working to correct the items noted and ensure that these issues are not repeated.

Once again, thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all of our guests and feedback such as yours is of great value to us. This allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we offer future guests and it is my sincere hope that you will be among them. If I can be of any other service please do not hesitate to contact me at 949.727.4228 or email me at spt@extendedstay.com

Travellers are raving about these Irvine hotels

Temecula, California
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I promise I am not a picky person, but for this one time I have to complain. The bathroom shower had some hair on the walls upon our arrival. This made me uncomfortable as I assumed the bathroom hadn't been properly cleaned. Although we were given the password to connect to the internet, we were never able to do so. The staff were shorthanded, which could explain their cold and distant (almost annoyed) attitude while checking in. Definitely did not feel welcomed. The worst part of the whole stay was the bed. It was soooo squeaky and uncomfortable. Additionally the pillows were old and need some replacing. I would not have cared about anything else had the bed been super comfortable. I will definitely not be staying at this hotel anymore.

Room Tip: There is a Starbucks and a bagel place right behind the hotel. Pretty useful since their "Brea...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CaroMayela
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the internet and cleanliness issues you encountered in your room I am very disappointed that we did not catch them prior to your arrival. I was also disappointed to read that you did not feel welcomed by our staff upon your arrival and that our bed was uncomfortable. I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention. To improve our overall condition and guest experience, I have shared your comments with our staff and have implemented a much stricter program along with additional training in all departments to ensure that future guest do not relive your experience.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times was a horrible experience! The first time was on July 16th. where I checked into the room and the air conditioner was off. So I turned it on thinking it would cool the room but finally realized it did not work and was blowing hot air. So they switched me to another room which of course means having to re-pack everything to move to the next room which was fine.

My second visit was August 13th. and that was an even worst experience. Then I check into the room and got everything settled before going to dinner. When I returned I was ready to settle in and watch T.V. and go to sleep. I went to turn the T.V. on and it did not work. I went to the front desk carrying the remote and got new batteries before going back up and it still did not work. When I checked in I also ask for a ground floor room due to having a broken arm and not wanting to carry bags upstairs. I was told they had no ground floor rooms. When I went back to the front desk to complain that the T.V. was still not working the front desk person who was very nice said she could put my in another room and gave me two keys to check the room before I moved again. Both rooms were on the ground floor. I chose a room and again had to go pack everything back up, carry it back down the stairs and back to my car before finally settling into the room. I thought everything was fine until the next morning when I got up and went to make coffee and the coffee pot did not work. When I checked out I again complained about that issue and was informed they would have the G.M. contact me and something would be done about all the problems I had experienced with this property. I left my phone number but of course I never heard from the G.M. I have lived in and out of hotels for many years and this without a doubt is the worst hotel I have ever experienced!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank D M
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Had to get my house fumigated and needed a place with kitchen, etc. Found This Extended Stay America in Irvine at a great rate. I was shocked and pleased with the property. The room was a good size, the bed was comfortable and there was a kitchen ready to use. Bathroom was roomy with a tub/shower. I was very pleased with my experience and I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for your time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were pleased with the property. My team and I truly appreciate your comments regarding the size and comfort of the room during your stay. As well, it is great to know that you would recommend our hotel to others!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel has been a disappointment since the very first day. The quoted price we were given was not honored, we have had to pay $500 more than expected, even after speaking to a manager about the price.
The toilet in our original room was broken, causing us to have to move rooms with no compensation.
The internet has worked a total of 3 times during our stay. My husband has had to find other locations to complete his at home work tasks, causing him to be away from his family longer than necessary.
We have tried to be very courteous to the maid service and leave the room while they clean, this last week our room was not cleaned. The previous cleanings have not been great either. I feel I am still wiping everything down before I let my son down to play. When I called and asked about this I was told the room would be cleaned sometime the next day. I would like a general time so I can plan my sons naps accordingly.

Overall, this has been a terrible experience and we will not be coming back. If there was another establishment that offered a kitchenette, we would have checked out earlier.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank callfamily
Fresno, California
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The air conditoner didn't work in the room and it was like a sauna in the room it just blew hot air.
I told the staff of the problem and they didn't offer to help in any way. I was told they would let the manager know about the problem.
I couldn't sleep I was sweating all night. No ammenities in the room, I wish the staff would of told me I had to ask for them when I checked in. I choose this hotel because of the location, but I will not be staying in an extended stay hotel every again. The peep hole in the door was installed backwards so you could look into the room, not out. The window was unlocked and unsafe, I noticed it and locked it. The drapes wouldn't stay closed, anyone walking by could look into my room. I proped up items in the room in front of the drapes to keep them closed for privacy.
The internet worked fine, the tv worked and the shower worked. Thats about all I can say.
I would not every stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a blow dryer and shampoo and coffee at check in. Get a room with an air conditioner that wo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Betty S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Betty - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize that the A/C in your room did not work properly. In response to this feedback, our maintenance staff has repaired the unit in your room. As well, I am coaching the staff on how to better handle guest requests and reviewing the importance of them doing so in a more timely fashion.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments as it will help us coach our team better. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.