Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The great thing about this hotel is the location. Walk to the Irvine Spectrum and the Metro train station. Both 5 and 405 freeways are close. The hotel itself unfortunately is in poor condition. The grounds are dirty and poorly kept. The hotels staff was average. I tried checking in an hour early and was told the room wasn’t ready. No problem. But when I came back two hour later I was told they’d have to check and see if the room was ready. The room itself was clean and in good condition but the location was real bad. The early morning traffic dictated my wake time.

Room Tip: Request a room that is at the back of the hotel away from Alton.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the cleanliness issues you encountered in your room I am very disappointed that we did not catch them prior to your arrival. Also, I am sorry that the traffic dictated your wake time and you felt the location was bad.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Is a simple, no frills hotel.
PROS:
The room I got was spacious and clean. Wifi was reliable.
Bathroom was clean, new fixtures, and very spacious.
TV is relatively big (flat screen).
Location was very convenient, close to freeways, close to business, close to the Spectrum shopping mall. Fast checking/checkout.
CONS:
No elevator, so if your lugging many pieces of luggage, might not be convenient, if you get a room in the second floor. Free breakfast is very poor, I had to go to Starucks (next door) to get a decent breakfast. I asked for non-smoking, but the next door guest was smoking cigars non-stop, so the hallway was really stinky... Just my luck.

Room Tip: I got a renovated room, so it was clean and spacious.
2  Thank Brendinha
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Outside of the staff and location, there wasn't really anything exceptional about my stay. The room, while a little shabby and in need of a refresh, was clean and in good working order. The bed was comfy and the TV worked just fine (would've been nice to have NFL Network to watch the Thursday games). Overall, the room and services weren't spectacular, but they met all of my needs and expectations.

The location is fantastic. Work, food and coffee and public transportation is all within walking distance. It's right next to the two main highways in Orange County. The price is very reasonable, considering how unreasonable prices in Irvine can be.

The staff is also fantastic. They are very attentive and helpful to guest needs. They are cheerful in addressing your questions/requests, and anticipate future needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear our property met all your needs and expectations and that you found our location to be fantastic. As well, I am glad that our staff was very attentive and helpful to your needs.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This place is adequate. It met my needs for my business trip. It was a bit shabby with linens that were very cheap. There are no nice extras. The kitchen and supplies were adequate with 2 forks, 2 paring knives, and 2 tablespoons. There is no pool, lobby, or other area outside of your room to hang out. The little strip mall next door has a very nice outside area and the Starbucks is a plus. There was plenty of parking and the location is good.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank marymohn
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Mary - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with your overall accommodations and the location of our hotel. It would be our pleasure to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

In general the hotel is good, clean and everyting works as is supposed. Internet, TV, AA.

I think what I liked from this hotel is the people, all the people is very kind and try to help me in all they can with tips about the zone, shops and all I need. It was like if I have friends in the town.

Room Tip: I was in the same building that the fron desk very helpful to see the persons in the office.
1  Thank Joel M

Joel - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that the staff was helpful and made you feel like you have friends in town. As well, we enjoyed reading that you liked your clean room and that everything was in working order.

The staff and I loved having you stay with us. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Although TripAdvisor says I checked in one day and out the next, the truth of it is I was about an hour before I asked for a refund on my week long reservation.

Judging from the outside before I even I got to my room I could tell I was in for trouble. AC vents were sticking out from the walls here and there, making it easy to catch your pants leg on them. The fire extinguisher doors were open into the halls, and looked as if they wouldn't latch if you tried.

Once I was in the room there were paint chips missing from the walls, damaged cabinets and portions of the shower finish missing. In general, it was a mess.

The price is what lured me here as other hotels in the area have seemed to lose their minds when it comes to pricing, but I'll pay a bit more to not be skeeved out by the place I will be staying at for a week.

I wills ay this, the front desk was very responsive and offered me another room, and when I told them I wasn't interested they had no hesitation in giving my refund.

4  Thank Sean A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Sean - I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I am sorry that you got a bad impression about our hotel due to the air conditioning vents being on the outside of the room and seeing items that were in need of repair. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered. Rest assured that your concerns will not go unnoticed, as we are currently working to correct the items noted and ensure that these issues are not repeated.

Once again, thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all of our guests and feedback such as yours is of great value to us. This allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we offer future guests and it is my sincere hope that you will be among them. If I can be of any other service please do not hesitate to contact me at 949.727.4228 or email me at spt@extendedstay.com

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I promise I am not a picky person, but for this one time I have to complain. The bathroom shower had some hair on the walls upon our arrival. This made me uncomfortable as I assumed the bathroom hadn't been properly cleaned. Although we were given the password to connect to the internet, we were never able to do so. The staff were shorthanded, which could explain their cold and distant (almost annoyed) attitude while checking in. Definitely did not feel welcomed. The worst part of the whole stay was the bed. It was soooo squeaky and uncomfortable. Additionally the pillows were old and need some replacing. I would not have cared about anything else had the bed been super comfortable. I will definitely not be staying at this hotel anymore.

Room Tip: There is a Starbucks and a bagel place right behind the hotel. Pretty useful since their "Brea...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CaroMayela
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the internet and cleanliness issues you encountered in your room I am very disappointed that we did not catch them prior to your arrival. I was also disappointed to read that you did not feel welcomed by our staff upon your arrival and that our bed was uncomfortable. I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention. To improve our overall condition and guest experience, I have shared your comments with our staff and have implemented a much stricter program along with additional training in all departments to ensure that future guest do not relive your experience.