“Nice location, bad rooms” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Nice location, bad rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I had to stay at Exended Stay in Irvine while looking for a permanent place to stay and because of the uncertainty of my 'homelessness' they were the only place that had a room for a week straight. The location is good, near many restaurants and stores, but the room was horrible. It was a 'smoking' room and even though I smoke I thought it was obnoxious. The AC in my room was just being fixed as I opened the door and the Maint guy was nice enough to warn me the carpet would be wet from the problem for a while so if I wanted another room we could do that. We tried...sigh..the room next door actually. It was markedly WORSE smelling than mine so I kept mine, wet carpet and all, for a week. Would certainly make any effort to not stay here again unless everything else was booked and I had no car to sleep in...then...maybe...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Darin B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location which is close to restaurants and stores; however I would like to apologize for the maintenance issues and odor you experienced during your stay with us. I will be working with my housekeeping staff to deodorize our rooms to ensure that your experience is not repeated. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at spt@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was in Irvine for a week of training and Extended Stay was on the same street. The room was a little smaller than what I had experienced years ago (closer to LA) but it was roomy enough, and the bed was (maybe) a little firmer than some would prefer; but I was very comfortable. My online reservations were quick and painless, and my check-in was equally so. I actually felt more comfortable than I do at home with the peace and quiet and all the amenities I needed. The bathroom was spacious, as was the shower. The refrigerator and sink were very handy but I didn't use the stove. The free WiFi was limited but I had little to no problem using it (I could have paid for more bandwidth, though). I was easily able to get work done as well as settle in to a relaxed comfort. It’s near Walmart, Starbucks, and the Spectrum, and with easy access to Alton and Interstate 5. And it's a short distance from John Wayne Airport. I will definitely stay here again.

My experience at Extended Stay America has always been good. This one in Orange County, although a little different, was really no exception. I always feel welcome and accommodated.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patrick A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Patrick - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your spacious and comfortable room. We strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience, so we are thrilled that we met that goal during your stay.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hartford, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were in town to check out a show at the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater. We decided to walk and it was a good idea. It's a little more than a mile and half and well worth the effort. Traffic in and out of VWA is horrible. Walking was the way to go. The hotel itself was pretty average. The breakfast was not very good, but, oh well. The room was pretty much clean, some stains on the carpet. If I ever come back to the west for a show in Irvine I would not hesitate to stay here. It worked out just fine. It's certainly in a business district. Not too much going on around the place. Beds were nice and the rooms were OK.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank OswegoMatt
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your carpet had some stains; however we are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and comfortable beds. We will have our maintenance engineer deep clean all of our carpets to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to the area.
Antibes, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked this hotel on hotwire and got a twin room, with two queen beds. It was comfortable, it had a small kitchenette and it fulfilled its purpose for a night during our roadtrip. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank philkarlberg
Tustin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Pet friendly, extended stay, these are generally nice attributes. Breakfast is nothing to call home about, but considering my living situation limbo, it's good enough. It has a fridge, it's close to the Irvine Spectrum, Wal-Mart, and all that (Target too, if you're not a fan of Wal-Mart). The room is good, the wifi sucks if you're cheap like me, there's a decent sized fridge, stove, microwave (no oven), desk and plenty of surface space. The bathroom is unexpectedly huge and the closet is walk-in sized. Even the sofa bed is quite comfy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gregory L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Gregory - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that you were happy with your spacious, comfortable room.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during July 4th weekend & it was just OK. Nothing special about it. Check in was fast. The room had a kitchen with fridge, microwave, & stove which we did not use at all. The room was pretty small for a "studio suite". The bed was small & uncomfortable. My back was hurting. The location is nice, around stores, restaurants, & shops. Our room was right next to Starbucks & 711, literally a few steps away. I wouldn't stay here again unless I had no choice!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank CaliGirl738
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Booked this hotel due to it's convenient location to The Spectrum and good price. Unfortunately, the old adage "you get what you pay for" is certainly true at this place. The room I stayed in wasn't per se "dirty", but it had a musty smell to it. Also, the front desk people COULD NOT CARE LESS about customer service. No eye contact and did so much as even look up when checking in our out. There were some seedy characters on the North side of the hotel, I think they might be "extended stay" resident. A couple of cool broken down trucks parked in the front, too. The convenient location of a Starbucks was the highlight of my stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family