Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
US$128
US$161
US$111
  • Pool
All reviewssoup plantationfire pitfree parkingfull kitchenfree breakfastfront deskkitchen tableeasy access to the beachjohn wayne airportbeer and winestudio roomparking lotmake your own wafflessmall kitchenettehome away from homenewport beachmarriott properties
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The rooms are spacious and up-to-date; I had a room on the highest floor. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast buffet was also okay. The internet access strength was good and reliable. Definitive a great hotel to stay for Business travel in this area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Jason C, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Vordenbaeumen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a positive comment regarding our hotel. We are glad you felt welcome by all our staff. We take great pride in taking care of our staff so they can then, take great care of our guests. We once again appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you again soon.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2013

This hotel is one of the larger Residence Inns I've been to. This was our 2nd stay at hotel with family (once in 2012 New Years Eve and in April 2013). Clean rooms well kept in between our visits. The breakfast options are somewhat more catered to area (note: rice, seaweed, and miso soup mix available to cater to Asian businesses/travelers in this Orange County area).

Across parking lot is Soup Plantation and Boudin's. A short drive south (3 long blocks down) is small shopping center with Ralphs grocery store. Just north or northeast to Jamboree is a 10 minute drive to mall or the Irvine District (shopping/dining, Target,etc).

This hotel has become a favorite of my family. I live in Los Angeles county but I travel so much that I can use points on hotels & this location is our local pick!!!

Cons: beds aren't the softest,but they aren't advertising or known for "heavenly beds" either.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nice if you get a room that isn't next to next door high rise apartments. It's great to wake up to the California sunshine!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Myinbox125
Jason C, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Myinbox125,

Thank you very much for the kind words and the detailed review. We greatly appreciate it. I am very happy to hear that we have become one of your family favorites.

We hope to see you again when you are in the Orange County area.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn for a recent visit to OC. Very convenient to several restaurants including Souplantation right in front of the hotel. The rooms were very clean and updated, breakfast was pretty good for free. There is an apartment complex next door but we heard no noise and there was minimal traffic in the shared parking lot. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cliff J
Jason C, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Cliff J,

Thank you very much for the kind words. We are very proud of our Hotel and look to remain as one of the top choices in Orange County. We look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Jason C.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Let me just start with this - When I worked in the Corporate world, I traveled nationally for a long period of time. I can fairly say that this hotel ranks in my top five of any place I've ever stayed!

Starting with our check-in - the front desk staff was above & beyond professional, courteous & helpful. In particular, the employee that took care of me, by the name of Phoenix, was extremely nice - and much to my surprise, even took the time to personally write me a card, welcoming me to the hotel & to thank me for staying at their hotel. In addition, she added that if there was anything that they could do to make me feel more at home, to not hesitate to contact any of the hotel's employees. The card was slid under our door while we were out for dinner. Now I ask you.....how many hotels have you stayed at do this? For me, it was a first!

When I booked the room online, I had requested a quiet room with a view and that's exactly what we got - on the 8th floor tucked away in a quiet corner, with a beautiful view. The room was very large, quiet, clean and had everything we could need. The bathroom was very clean, good shower power, bed was very comfortable & kitchen served our needs very well. Also got a great rate online at the hotel's web site ($99 a night) - we were there for 3 nights.

The breakfast served four different hot meals each day - with something different each day, in addition to the oatmeal, cereals, waffles, fruit, bagels, etc.. The food was good & plentiful. Food staff would walk around and ask if you wanted more coffee, etc. plus would check to make sure everything was satisfactory with our meals.

Hotel is conveniently located near some restaurants and has easy access to the freeways. We were in California on a business trip in Anaheim and found the hotel only minutes from our destination. Very nice landscaping surrounds the property. Quiet & safe neighborhood.

The outdoor pool/patio area was kept immaculate - the pool had towels laid out each morning on the chaise lounge chairs, the water was clean and was its' own little oasis. They have handicap access chairs for the pool & is kid friendly.

But above and beyond anything else, this hotel provides top shelf customer service! We felt like we were staying with relatives (the good ones :) ). I highly recommend this hotel for any reason - business, family, couples, etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pines07

Dear Pines07,

Thank you for your flattering review. We take great pride in both our hotel and service and we are happy to hear you were able to experience both! We understand that to stay competitive sometimes it is those little touches that make the difference. I will make sure to show Phoenix your glowing review.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your trips to the Orange County area.

Jason C.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

The hotel is in a convenient location. Close to the airport, restaurants and shopping. Overall, I'd rate it a 4 or slightly above the rating for this trip, but was disappointed that housekeeping didn't honor the door sign that said "No service, please". So at 2:30 I'm just out of the shower and housekeeping raps on the door then opens it as I'm standing there trying to cover myself with a towel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Rc02110,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I sincerely apologize for the Housekeeping issue you experienced during your stay. We take great pride in our Hotel and most importantly our service we provide.

I would love the opportunity to earn your trust back by getting a little more information regarding the Housekeeping issue that occurred. I assure this is not the normal occurrence.

You are able to reach me directly at the hotel at 949-261-2020, or via e-mail at Jason.cure@marriott.com.

Thank you once again.