Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Irvine Marriott(Irvine)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssoup plantationfire pitfree parkingfull kitchenfree breakfastfront deskkitchen tableeasy access to the beachjohn wayne airportbeer and winestudio roomparking lotmake your own wafflessmall kitchenettehome away from homenewport beachmarriott properties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I lived in the hotel for 9 nights. The very first day we checked in around 3:00pm, we found there was hairs in the bed sheet! We called the front desk immediately and we did not get our bed sheet changed until the next day! Then from time to time, we found hairs in bath towel and we had to check towel thoroughly each time we use them. By the way, the room had strange smell. Very bad experience and we could never go back to that hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EC93
Jason C, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

EC93,

First and foremost I sincerely apologize for your experience. We take great pride in our hotel and the level of service we provide. I am very disappointed to hear the cleanliness did not meet not only our standard but more importantly yours.

We firmly believe that feedback, good or bad, is a very important part of being successful. I would love the opportunity to learn a little more about your experience so that we may use it as a learning. If you could please contact either by e-mail or phone I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you once again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Jason.cure@marriott.com
949-261-2020 ext. 633

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Like many other reviewers, I agree that the location is a big draw for the hotel. The rate that we had was also not bad. The room itself is pretty standard -- a bit newer than other locations, but nothing exceptional. Breakfast is included as is dinner on certain nights of the week. Housekeeping is inconsistent, it depends on who is cleaning your room that day as sometimes the sofa bed may not be made or not, or strands of hair is still linger in the bathroom. Other patrons of the hotel like to cook food that smells and permeates the entire floor, so note that and you can change floors.

Now for the bad: Our car was burglarized when we stayed there, which of course the hotel cannot take any responsibility. My companion also tripped on the property, and broke something. No one went out of their way to offer any kind of compassion or responsibility, even though the area was marked with a warning thereafter. Sure, we talked to the GM and AGM after, but they just directed us to the claims department and asked if there was anything they could do, which I thought was a bit disingenuous. After staying there for a month and a bit, we asked for a later checkout which was denied. This is after being a Marriott Platinum member.

There was one person at the front desk - Colton who was consistently rude to many guests during the stay. I don't think he knows how to smile or speak in a polite manner as his demeanor is just terrible. He commands guests rather than requests for things. I just dismiss this as service typical of a Residence Inn. It is unfortunate as I am a platinum member. Obviously I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank wanderluster123
Jason C, Manager at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Wanderluster123,

I sincerely apologize you had these occurrences at our Hotel. We hope you truly do understand that we care for all of our guests but under certain circumstance we do have to assistance from our Claims department.

We take great pride in the level of service we provide, anytime we hear of any issues regarding our associates or service we definitely want to address those. I assure you this is not the normal level of service our Residence Inn or any other Residence Inn provides. We will most certainly address with our associate.

We hope you do see that we truly do care about our guest and their experiences while staying with us. I hope that we can regain your confidence and you choose to stay with us when visiting the Orange County area.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was my 5th time staying here in the last year. I really like the staff and they have been great. I was having tv issues the entire time during my stay and they were always trying to accommodate and offered to change the room. The food hasn't been as good the last couple of visits. Its a nice hotel. I stayed recently at the residence inn in Tustin and will be staying there from now on. Its only 5 minutes from this hotel Price was better and the hotel just open august 1st . Its a lot cleaner.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank matt r

Matt R.,

Thank you very much for the compliments regarding our associates. We truly do believe our associates are what make our hotel amazing.

I would like to hear a little more about the television issues and how we could improve our food & beverage offerings. We love to hear feedback so that we can continue to grow and improve. I have included my contact information below.

In addition, if there is anything we can do to sway you back to our property from our sister properties in Tustin please let us know. We would love the opportunity to earn your business back.

Thank you once again.

Jason.cure@marriott.com
949-261-2020 ext. 633

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed over the 4th of July and had a great experience. The staff was exceptional, especially everyone at the front desk. The hotel is super clean for a dog friendly establishment. Breakfast was very good - no complaints at all.

Room Tip: top floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Adrenne G.,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I am extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your Fourth of July here with us.

We hope to see you again when you visit the Orange County area.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We have stayed at this property a handful of times on visits to Orange County. It is a modern hotel located near the 405, restaurants, parks, and a grocery store just down the road. Our stays have almost always been quiet. We love the kitchens and breakfast in the mornings. The pool & spa were closed over July 4th and we were disappointed to find that out after heading downstairs in our swim gear with our young son, who was quite disappointed. We understand pools need to be closed for maintenance sometimes, but it would have been nice to have been notified of that at check-in. Otherwise, we had a great visit as usual. Parking was plentiful and we visited the shopping center down the road with Einstein's Bagels, Jamba Juice, Togo's, and Rubio's. Very kid-friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Afc76,

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding our hotel. We are exceptionally happy to hear that you enjoyed your Fourth of July with us.

I apologize about the pool closure that weekend. We did experience a chemical imbalance that resulted in a temporary pool closer that weekend, something not very common. Typically when schedule all maintenance to be completed at a more appropriate time.

Thank you once again for your continued loyalty and great comments. We hope to see you again when you visit the Orange County area.