Based upon reviews here, my wife and I are surprised at our experience here. Yes, the staff was generally helpful and cordial and that is no small thing. But it cannot make up for how dirty and disgusting our room and the overall property were. We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite, the most expensive offering at this property.
The chair at the desk was trash. The leather was worn out and torn off of about 1/3 of the chair so the whole front of it was just foam. I understand they are renovating, but this $40 chair should have been replaced years ago. The carpet was stained in multiple places and edges were frayed. When we first got in, my wife went to take a nap with our babies and the sheet had a brown stain. I alerted the desk and they were genuinely sorry and promised to have it changed.
I understand that they are renovating, but we weren't staying in the future after it was done. We were paying a high price ($239/night) to stay there now, and it was generally dirty.
They were full while we were here (for 3 nights) and that seemed to be the mantra from the staff, used as an excuse for not getting things done. I don't care if you are full. It's your JOB to be full. This is when you need to shine. Don't use it as an excuse or look for sympathy. Be PROUD that you are full.
We spent the day out with family and at 3pm to find that our room had not been serviced. I went to the front and asked and was told that they were full and having a hard time servicing the rooms. But the cleaning staff was only on until 4, so if they didn't get to us by then our room would not be serviced. The woman showed up at 3:50pm and I felt awful for her because I could tell how harried she was from being overburdened. She cleaned our room in a few minutes and did the best she could but missed a bunch of things. I do not blame her though because she had another room to service and it was now the magical deadline of 4pm. She was very kind and did the best she could.
The vents in the room were filthy, and it seemed like the filter on the HVAC filter hadn't been changed in who knows how long. My wife and I both were stuffy and sneezy when in the room, and within minutes of walking outside our noses and throats cleared up. The gate that goes from the patio to the pool had several posts that are completely rusted through. This is not a good thing when one has toddlers running around, as we did.
Overall the room and entire property was old and in a sad state of disrepair. Attention to detail and cleanliness here seem to not be high on the list of things important to the proprietor(s.)
We will most certainly not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the comforts of home when you stay at the Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport-Orange County Hotel. Enjoy a prime location only 3 miles from John Wayne Airport and 9 miles from Newport Beach. This all-suite hotel in Orange County, California is also less than 10 minutes from South Coast Plaza, Fashion Island, and the Irvine Spectrum. Guests at the Residence Inn Irvine Hotel are welcomed with thoughtful amenities including complimentary daily breakfast buffet, an on-site fitness center and complimentary WiFi. Join us at The Residence Inn Mix™, a fun and relaxing way to unwind, socialize and connect. Three nights a week our hotel features a different opportunity to socialize in our lobby or outdoor space. Inside our spacious, newly-renovated suites we provide you with all the conveniences of home. Curl up in our new king beds or make yourself a meal in the fully equipped kitchen. Separate living and sleeping areas give you plenty of room to entertain guests and pets are always welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel Irvine
- Irvine Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Orange County
- Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA