Now where do I start – you would think good stuff right? After all, so many reviews are good, I wondered if I was at the same Hotel and this is an expensive recently updated Marriott Residence Inn in Irvine, near the John Wayne Airport. You expect Marriott to be clean, have helpful, pleasant and courteous staff. But Sorry, not my experience here – and how frustrating is it as a traveler to experience dirty rooms, unpleasant front desk folks that don’t follow up and staff that don’t plan well and run out of simple things like coffee in their breakfast area for 15 minutes. Oh, I will answer that – VERY!
Mr. Cruz (the Hotel GM) and his folks at this Marriott are falling short. Rooms are cleaned very poorly, they are downright dirty! Now not sure about the rest of you, but I do find Residence Inn’s (I stay at Marriott around 50 nights a year), some of the dirtiest anyway of all Marriott Brands that I stay. But this one takes the prize for the dirtiest…
Crust and stains around the toilet when we got to our room, crumbs on the floor, hair in the bathroom sink and shower area and multiple pacifiers and chips under the coach in our room. Just think about the things you cannot see! I posted a picture of just a few of the items I found under the couch.
Other issues – front desk can work on being nice and courteous during check in, they don’t follow up when rooms are ready, the young man (he may have been the front desk supervisor) was just a little cold and not happy, I mean after all he is taking my $300+ per night, if that was me I would be singing the “happy” song. The folks working the beverage area don’t respond to you, look at you strange and don’t plan very well. Coffee was out over 15 minutes during breakfast at 8am. And don’t get me started about the Internet – wow are they on standard phone line internet connection, I mean come on, this is 2014, this is a Marriott that charges a nice sum for its rooms and the Internet is slow and disconnects more than it connects.
There is some good – location is great, adequate parking, pool is pretty nice and there are a few restaurants in walking distance.
Would I stay here again? Only if I absolutely had to – This Marriott just failed on some hotel 101 must haves – clean rooms, friendliness and good planning. This is simple stuff Marriott, you just need good management oversight to ensure the rooms are clean, how about inspecting them, really inspecting them and training folks better and upgrading the Internet – so simple – you do that consistently and you will keep your customers coming back to your brand because they can count on your brand, you fail – they will go elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the comforts of home when you stay at the Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport-Orange County. Enjoy a prime location only 3 miles from John Wayne Airport and 9 miles from Newport Beach. This all-suite hotel in Orange County is also less than 10 minutes from South Coast Plaza, Fashion Island, and the Irvine Spectrum. Guests at the Residence Inn Irvine hotel are welcomed with thoughtful amenities including complimentary daily breakfast buffet, an on-site fitness center and complimentary WiFi. Join us at The Residence Inn Mix™, a fun and relaxing way to unwind, socialize and connect. Three nights a week our hotel features a different opportunity to socialize in our lobby or outdoor space. Inside our spacious, newly-renovated suites we provide you with all the conveniences of home. Curl up in our new king beds or make yourself a meal in the fully equipped kitchen. Separate living and sleeping areas give you plenty of room to entertain guests and pets are always welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel Irvine
- Irvine Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Orange County
- Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA