“Delicious food, slow service”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 651 Restaurants in Irvine
Price range: US$31 - US$70
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main & Gillette
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Delicious food, slow service”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Food was delicious with several fresh fish selections on the extensive menu. Our son's rib-eye was prepared as he likes it. I enjoyed the Steelhead Trout. The chopped salad was a nice starter, could be shared. Only downside was the slow service. Our server had a couple of tables with large groups and was having to run her food orders herself. She could have used a little help to speed things along. The location is near several hotels and validated or valet parking is available in the parking structure next to the restaurant.

• Visited December 2013

Long Island
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is a nice seafood restaurant. It was crowded at lunchtime because of all of the office buildings surrounding it. The food was very good but on the pricey side. Service was excellent. I would recommend eating here if you're in the area.

Visited October 2013
San Francisco
“Fine service and enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Nicely prepared seafood and ample selection on menu; staff was exceptionally accommodating for our large group who arrived late. Knowledgeable about ingredients and wines, attentive and swift to serve.

Visited October 2013
Copperas Cove, Texas, United States
“Rocky start but then got much better”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The hostess at this place was awful. I was staying at the hotel across the street so I walked over and was in jeans and a long sleeve shirt when I went to this restaurant. I understand this is a nicer restaurant but it was not busy and the hostess tried to insist I sit at the bar and not at a full service table. Once I was seated in a booth out of the way the service was much better. It did take some time for my waitress to get to my table but after that she was wonderful. I have a feeling I was seated in a non assigned section as a busy buy had to alert the wait staff I was seated there. The lobster was disappointing but the rest of my food was excellent and I had a wonderful experience after getting over the rocky start. Scallops and Creme Brulee were really quite wonderful and my server chose an excellent wine pairing.

• Visited October 2013
Eastern NC
“Great meal”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The food was very good. With drinks you will spend ~ $30.00 / person. Close to area hotels so it is convenient if you are staying in the area.

Visited September 2013