“Ok”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 672 Restaurants in Irvine
Price range: US$31 - US$70
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main & Gillette
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Nothing fancy. Fresh seafood with extravagant pricing and stuffy atmosphere. You can do better elsewhere.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

For many years, we have been dining at McCormick & Schmick's in Irvine on special occasions and annually as a family tradition on Christmas Eve and have been very happy with the service. This tradition will probably stop. Although the food is still very good, we have found the servers for the past couple of years have been various combinations of cocky, arrogant, pushy, and annoying. Also, once we were seated apparently between two sections so nobody attended to us because they didn't know who was responsible for our table. Other times, the service has either been slow or the staff annoying as stated earlier. In our most recent visit, my daughter did not end up eating much of her meal, so we asked for it to be boxed "to go". The server took the dish, but we didn't realize until after we had left that the boxed dinner was never returned to us. When you pay for a not so inexpensive meal, you expect the service to mirror the reputation of the restaurant. We have been very disappointed in recent visits.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was staying at the hotel adjacent to the restaurant and have visited this restaurant a few times previously just eating in the bar area.
I was with a work colleague so we took a table. The service was fast and very attentive. Very good menu to choose from including decent selection of wines by the glass.
Having had several servings of fish already that week I decided to go for the Kobe burger which was very good. II don't eat burgers very often and want to try and make sure it is going to be a good one - I was not disappointed - not at all bad for a seafood restaurant.
The prices are not cheap but represent good value overall.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I've been coming here whenever I have health-conscious friends coming to town in the past few years. It's all about fish. It's rare a place would have so many different fish to choose from. The Parmesan Crusted Sole remains my favorite. The orzo they pair it with makes the dish especially interesting. Steamed Mussel, and Crab & Avocado Tower usually make to my table for starters. Oh, good bread by the way. They have quite an extensive list of wine, too. Lemonade is fresh-squeezed, and very good.

It's conveniently located, and the free valet parking makes it easy to come back. Nothing impressive with the decor. It's quite boring to be honest. Seating comfort is mediocre. Since it's located in the business section of Irvine, a big percentage of the clientele is business oriented. Busy bar scene, but not rowdy. So it's all good with one disappointment!

The one thing that disappoints me is the attitude of the wait staff including the hostess. No effort is evident in making you feel welcomed. It's sufficient service for the most part, and occasionally rude encounters. On my recent visit, this Nancy gal even attempted lecturing me how she was supposed to do her job. I find the younger staff a bit friendlier. The older ones tend to be cold and removed, and snobbish.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Food was delicious with several fresh fish selections on the extensive menu. Our son's rib-eye was prepared as he likes it. I enjoyed the Steelhead Trout. The chopped salad was a nice starter, could be shared. Only downside was the slow service. Our server had a couple of tables with large groups and was having to run her food orders herself. She could have used a little help to speed things along. The location is near several hotels and validated or valet parking is available in the parking structure next to the restaurant.