“Multiple choices”
Review of Urban Plates

Urban Plates
Ranked #6 of 679 Restaurants in Irvine
Reviewed 24 April 2014

From soups to salads to entrees, create your own from well prepared and presented choices to meet a variety of wants.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a great place to get healthy food at a good price. They have plates, salads, pizza and desserts. It's cafeteria style, meaning you go to the counter and tell them what you want and they prepare it for you. But 'cafeteria' has a negative connotation .... So don't let that dissuade you. This place is hip and trendy and really good. For $10 you can eat steak (or fish or chicken, etc) with two sides or a huge salad or a homemade stew. Love it!

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Has a home made feel to the food. There was a long line out the door but the line moved very quickly. You get your tray and then order what you want from the long line of options. I had the salmon, Brussels sprouts and potatoes. All of it tasted good. Husband and daughter had Chicken, steak, pizza, lemonade and beer, kale salad etc.
Would go again.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The choice of delicious, healthy food was served in huge portions. The prices were very reasonable. Organic produce and there are gluten free and vegan items. Super tasty food!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My first impression was "this place is cool." Urban Plates has very hip décor, and the food looked really good. The pricing is very low: lotsa food for not much $$, which suits me fine. It took me a couple minutes to learn where to stand in line, but I got it figured out (jump ahead if you're not getting a salad). Problem was, the dinner options I selected didn't taste so great. For such a healthy vibe, it was disappointing: the main dish (salmon) and sides (mushrooms and Brussels sprouts) were all overly salty, and my side dish of tomato/mozzarella salad was overwhelmed by the onions ("mouth burn"). Maybe the cooks had an off-day, I don't know.

I promise to try dining here again, and I will concentrate on salads and/or different main dishes. Hopefully, I can give a better rating. I just couldn't rate this a "poor," so I'll say that the value bumps up the overall grade a notch.

Notes:
* Parking is no problem; plenty of space in the giant shopping center parking lot.
* If you're having dinner, get there before 5:30. We arrived at 5:15, and there was a line out the door minutes after we got there.
* There is lots of outdoor seating, so don't panic if the indoor area looks packed.