“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Description: A warm, light-filled space, complete with an arched wall of floor to ceiling windows in the main dining room and a central circular bar and lounge area. The restaurant opens onto the outdoor terrace and fire lit lounge area, perfect for year-round dining in the lovely Orange County weather. The elegant private dining room includes a separate butler's pantry for discrete service, and the warm, wood walls are lined with the vintages from around the world. While Six Park Grill is located within Hotel Irvine, it boasts a private entrance and complimentary valet service. Six Park Grill features contemporary Californian Coastal Cuisine utilizing fresh seasonal ingredients. Our Wood-fire grill is prominent in many of our dishes, including our signature grilled Caesar salad and the Meyers Ranch naturally raised steaks.
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Had breakfast here on the way out. The atmosphere of this restaurant is very relaxing and tranquil. The food was really good and had excellent service.

HyattRegencyIrvine, Manager at Six Park Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your great 5 Star review. We strive to provide authentic hospitality in conjunction with outstanding food options. We are glad to hear that your experience exceeded your expectations. Our wood fire grill provides great flavors in our food, we hope you have an opportunity to return for lunch or dinner sometime soon. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I come to 6ix Park Grill several times a year, about 2/3 of those for lunch. The food is most often a “hit” but unfortunately there is the occasional “miss.” The ambiance is rather to my liking, to the point where I don’t feel like I’m in a hotel restaurant. This is especially true of the outdoor dining area, where the architects had the presence of mind to provide a lush, palm tree and grass buffer from the other hotel amenities. On occasion, there will be ballroom events there when the conventioneers pile into the restaurant. Luckily, I manage to avoid that nine times out of ten. The menu selection is not huge, but is diverse and changes often enough to provide one with a reason for going back again before too long. Given that the prices are a bit above average, and the typical dress code is a little nicer than casual, I would not recommend this restaurant to off-the-street diners wanting a low budget meal. Look nice; have the credit card ready.

For your consideration:
(1) Self-parking is clear on the other side of the hotel, but the restaurant will validate the ticket. For more upscale service, you can valet park, which the restaurant also covers … except for the tip, of course.
(2) If the weather is good, I highly recommend getting a table outside. It’s A+ for outdoor ambience.
(3) All the meals I’ve had were prepared and presented well. I always feel like I’m in a special restaurant. Proportions are typically perfectly sized for me (not a big eater).
(4) On a few occasions when I was there for lunch (I usually arrive early, say 11h30), a waiter introduced himself, described the specials, brought our drinks, then explained there was a shift change, so someone else would be taking over. This caused slip-ups in communication between the first and second waiters, so we had to “re-order” things that didn’t showed up initially. Pardon me for trying to be logical, but why would a restaurant serving lunch have a shift change around 11h30-11h45?
(5) A rare food “miss”: there’s a beef salad on the lunch menu that contains really crunchy tortilla-like strips. I ordered it during my last meal there: the beef was good, the greens were okay, but IMHO the crunchy chips shouldn’t have been in there. Not right for that [upscale] salad.

HyattRegencyIrvine, Manager at Six Park Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We appreciate feedback as it provides us with more clear insight as to what our diners like and what they would like to see done differently. We appreciate your loyalty and are humbled by your comments about the quality of food and general ambiance provided at 6ix Park Grill. We strive to provide a quality meal and a memorable experience for each of our guests. As you mentioned, we do offer complimentary valet parking for all patrons at all times. We change our menus seasonally and we are happy to hear that our selection is to your liking, we have recently added additional options based on sustainability, calorie count, and items conscientious of specific food allergies. We agree with you whole heartedly that our patio is one of the best places in Orange County to enjoy a meal. We hope that our drive to be the best restaurant in the area will continue to bring you back, we appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice during our 5-day stay and it was great! I would highly recommend sitting outside during the evening time near the fire pit. Great ambiance and food. The edamame is grilled an a wonderful appetizer to kick of our meal.

HyattRegencyIrvine, Manager at Six Park Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take great pride in our entire experience and truly enjoy receiving comments such as yours. Our wood fire grill provides a unique opportunity to enjoy flavors in our foods that aren't commonly pronounced. Your recommendation of an evening by the fire pit is definitely a good one as this is a perfect spot to enjoy a relaxing evening in Orange County. We appreciate your business and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I had both the breakfast buffet, which was average and also tried the shrimp and crab Louis salad for dinner, which was excellent. I believe they prepared the rib eye sandwich that I ordered at the coffee shop also. It was outstanding and a real bargain for the quality of the meat.

HyattRegencyIrvine, Manager at Six Park Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for your wonderful 5-Star review. We receive compliments regularly on our California coastal cuisine and our authentic wood fire grill, we’re glad you enjoyed it. The fire pit on the patio provides a wonderful spot to enjoy a delicious meal, if you didn’t try it this time we hope you are able to on your next visit. Please remember, diners at 6ix Park Grill always receive complimentary valet parking. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Come here for the best lamb chops! We came here because we bought a voucher from TravelZoo. What a great experience. Very nice restaurant in the Hyatt Regency. Hostess/Wait staff very friendly. Steak and shrimp very good. Inside or outside seating.

HyattRegencyIrvine, Manager at Six Park Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your great review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our lamb, steak, and shrimp, the wood fire grill provides such great flavors in our food. We look forward to serving you again soon!