“the LAST TIME!”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Lansing
“the LAST TIME!”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is the first and last time I ever make a reservation at this Couryard hotel. The customer service was extremely poor. I am a gold elite Marriott member and stay at Marriotts all over the country. My reservation was at the government rate , however somehow I left my government ID at home. HOWEVER I had all types of other ID as well as business cards , picture ID and assignment papers with government letter head and my name.
However the desk staff and later the manager indicated that they would NOT honor my rate without the actual ID. They really made me feel devalued.
I ended up at the local Newport Marriott and they did a wonderful job recognizing me as a gold elite member and setting me up in a fine room.
This is the first and ONLY time I have had this hard of a time at a hotel! They can KEEP IT!

Room Tip: who knows?
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BillTLansing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We had 20 rooms booked for our wedding at the Irvine Marriott and we stayed there as well. They upgraded us to the Presidential Suite which was amazing to get ready in and have people over after the wedding. The best part of the entire experience was the staff. They were amazing! From the room coordinator, the front desk, the restaurant staff, to the service staff, they went out of their way to make sure everyone had an enjoyable experience. The lobby is nicely decorated and comfortable and the pool area is great and has new cabanas. We highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I prefer higher up rooms for the view. Try to get a room that doesn't face the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Livermore, CA
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel alone while picking up my daughter at school in Irvine. It's a little hard to find as it's tucked in behind an apartment complex and a restaurant, but it's very convenient to the 405 and to Jamboree Road, as well as to the John Wayne Airport.

I had gotten a very good AAA deal of $89 a night for a room with free parking and free internet. The lobby was welcoming and well laid out, with a coffee/drinks bar (which included light food fare, as well), a lounge area and an exit to a lush courtyard with firepits, a pool and a nice grassy area with tropical foliage.

I was asked if a first floor room would be okay, and I said sure, since I was tired and didn't feel like hauling my stuff up the elevator anyway. To my surprise, I walked into a courtyard room with a little patio just steps from the pool and firepit areas. It was such a nice location--so relaxing and lovely. There was no noise from the pool during my stay and only a few people who sat in the courtyard, so my patio was such a lovely place to sit, listen to the birds, have a glass of wine and check my email/read/relax after a day of moving my daughter out of her dorm.

The room was nicely appointed with a comfy King-sized bed, a sofa-bed and coffee table and a very comfortable desk area. The bathroom was split into a shower/toilet area and a vanity/sink area. The only clumsy thing here was the toilet area door which opened out in the sink area and blocked the closet. Other than that, the bathroom area was nice/well-lit and roomy enough.

There was a large HD tv with a great picture, plenty of channels and it swiveled to face any area in the room. I liked that the heat/AC was controlled with a wall switch, which kept the room very comfortable. It was nice to have the option of fresh air, too, from the patio door.

I felt safe, even though I was on the ground floor, and my car (loaded for a day and a half with all my daughter's belongings) was safe in the front parking area, which was hidden from view of the street. There was a two-story covered garage behind the hotel, but it didn't have a gate or anything, so I felt my car was safer out front. The entrance to the hotel was odd enough to keep it from being much of a target for thieves.

I didn't notice any noise from the airport, although there was some noise occasionally from the 405 freeway. Being on the courtyard side seemed to help with that. Its location was so convenient for Concordia University and UC Irvine--wish I'd found this one sooner, as I'm down there a lot for my daughter. You could get to the schools in minutes without going on the freeway at all, so it was great during heavy commute times. It's close to shopping and restaurants and doesn't feel as isolated as some of the other area hotels.

I was very pleased with my stay and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Stay on the courtyard side for less noise and a lovely view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Terri M
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I can't believe how great the customer service was! Even the van driver engaged us in conversation. They offered to give us a ride to local restaurants. The hotel was very nicely taken care of. Great pool and jacuzzi. Great workout room. Super beds and clean rooms. Great restaurants close by. Also, food at hotel restaurant was great too. 5 stas!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Courtyard by Marriott Irvine is not the most posh of places to stay but its got all you need for a business trip or a place to hang out while your hubby is working in the area.
The property is very nice and super clean and wont disappoint.
Only donwside are the planes overhead occasionaly. But then again we picked the area now didnt we? Oh, and the spa nearby (wish I could recall the name) is Fantastic. We will return when next in Irvine.

Room Tip: You'll hear jets form all rooms but behind the pool is probbaly the best
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Sacramento
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here for three nights while visiting relatives in the area. It is conveniently close to the airport, and walking distance (1m) from a strip mall with a few restaurants. The free WiFi actually worked at this hotel, which is a nice change from what I'm used to. The "Bistro" restaurant downstairs is pretty decent, but nothing special. The hot tub and workout room were in good shape, and not busy at all. The showers have a nice shower head with high flow.

We were surprised to come downstairs one late morning to find the restaurant closed. They must have some odd hours during the week days, which is less convenient than one would hope for.

Overall, it was a good stay. There was nothing that really stood out and exceeded our expectations, but there was very little wrong. Everything went smoothly and as expected. We would definitely consider this hotel again the next time we visit the area.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We used this hotel as a transition night flying out of John Wayne airport. The airport is quite close and it doesn't take long to get there using the shuttle. Rooms were standard Marriott Courtyard rooms - clean with comfortable beds. There was a pool and hot tub but we did not use them. Issue was that the hotel is in a business district so there are no restaurants nearby (save a very expensive one next door). There is kind of a little deli thing in the hotel where you can get "bistro" fare and coffee and there is a little "market" to buy a few things. Staff was friendly and we enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family