“Standard Courtyard, no internet”

Courtyard Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed in this Courtyard for 14 days. Is middle-of-the-road standard hotel in the Courtyard family, and does not stand out too much from others I have been staying in in the US. The hotel hallways do not appear to be the cleanest I have ever seen but that may have been a combination of lights and carpet. Biggest downside is that the internet connection is worthless and for business I could never stay in this place. Internet connection in the rooms on laptop and mac book is shady and luck of the draw to get connected (and stay connected!), but for iphones the reception of internet is absolute something to be ashamed off. Spend one hour on the phone with AT&T support and in the end their only advice was "if you want to have iphone wifi just stand next to the door of the room", or, per the front desk, take your stuff that you want to connect and come down to the lobby, where a separate internet access point was set up that alledgedly was working. And to top it all off, the internet was completely down for a period of 24 hours. Shame on Courtyard for calling this a business hotel...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed here a previously for business trip to Irvine, overall, the experience this time around was somewhat of a letdown. The first time I stayed I booked the breakfast package for 2 ($20 upcharge) and had a pleasant stay and nice start to my day. This time around, I had booked my room with the breakfast for 2 (about $20 upcharge), needless to say, I was disappointed. Not sure if the gal at the lobby café was overwhelmed by the morning rush, but had to pay additional $20 for breakfast (to get what I wanted). It seems that this time around, the breakfast coupon only include a small coffee, and a crappy selection of a breakfast entrée.

Too bad...my most important meal of the day cost my wife and I $40, for something comparable I could have bought for $15 at Mimi's Café. Ugh! Also, seems service was super SLOW in cleaning up tables, had to wait in line for 5-10 minutes to place breakfast order only to have to wait around another 5-10 for a clean table.

Other than my disappointing breakfast experience, the rooms are clean, lobby is comfy along with clean pool area. If I stay here again, I won't go for the crappy breakfast upgrade.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

For a hotel that caters to business travelers the rooms in this hotel are tired and rundown. The new updated lobby is staffed with slow and bad service and wifi access at this hotel is atrocious. The service is very bad and if not in a convienent location would not have stayed.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband and I always ask for a quiet room in a quiet location and we got what we asked for...as far as the hotel could do in the choice of room they gave us.
Unfortunately, the gang on the other side of the hall did not realize how loud they were as they came and went from their rooms, so when they were gathered for the pre-departure round-up it was noisy.
The room was a typical Marriott room.
The Starbucks downstairs has a great turkey and egg white breakfast sandwich.
Other than the inconsiderate neighbors across the hall create a ruckus, we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Although the location, amenities and rooms were very nice, the service i got from the front desk is in need of help! I believe the front desk staff is one of the first impressions of a hotel, as too, the valet and bell service. The front desk clerk did not offer a map or direction to the room or to self parking and no information of the hotel. I purchased something from the store and the same employee failed to give me a proper receipt or tell me how much my total was for the purchase. I had to ask for the amount and proper receipt.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This property met Courtyard current level of expectations very well. It is updated and includes the Bistro for food and Starbucks coffee. The only downside here is the parking. Front area has maybe 12 spaces and second option is a parking garage behind the property. Rooms were quiet and provided a solid night sleep. Staff was friendly throughout. Good location near the airport. Not much in the area for food options is another slight downside as property connects to one restaurant but no other options are right there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stay here (husband and 4 year old son) the night of the 4 of July,we spend the day in Balboa Island and after fireworks we were happy to make it to the hotel, very convenient location, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family