First off, the lobby in this "traditional" Courtyard is recently renovated. When I mean tradition, I mean the rooms are designed around a central courtyard with pool and spa. The lobby has over 8 computers although download speeds were pretty slow in my opinion. The lobby had a "bistro" still cafe. I did not try the food. I only stayed one night. I drove in late for an early meeting with a client.
The rooms were your typical courtyard. Very dissappointed with the TV. A 19-inch CRT Philipps TV. Are you kidding me? The room did have a refrigerator, both wired and wireless internet. Room was clean and bed comfortable.
There is construction going on right next to the hotel. Taking up all the convenient parking in front of the hotel. You have to park in the back and drag all your stuff through the hotel. Only 1 elevator was working in this 4 story hotel at the time. I wish the front desk clerk would've told me instead of me dragging my laptop briefcase, luggage, and my presentation materials for my client to an elevator that wasnt working.
In the morning, construction was blocking the driveways and roadway with no detour signs to help you out. Why no detours for travelers who are not familiar with the complex?
I paid $230 with taxes for this place. Way too expensive. I stayed here only because it was close to my client and my meeting was at 815 am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport Hotel is an oasis in the middle of Orange County. So relaxing that you'd never guess how close this Irvine, California hotel is to John Wayne Airport, UC Irvine, and fantastic shopping at South Coast Plaza and Fashion Island. Inside, experience our new state-of-the-art lobby with flexible work spaces, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather, and airport conditions via our GoBoard®. The highlight of our Irvine, CA hotel lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect., which provides guests with healthy food and beverage choices in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Each guest room at this hotel in Irvine, California has been completely redesigned to provide a more welcoming stay. Aesthetic changes create a vibrant atmosphere that encourages creativity and the upgraded high-speed internet enhances productivity. Guests to our John Wayne Airport hotel are in for a comfortable stay thanks to our new improvements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel Irvine
- Courtyard Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA
- Irvine Courtyard
- Irvine Marriott