“Embassy Suites Hotel Irvine-Orange County Airport”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Northridge
“Embassy Suites Hotel Irvine-Orange County Airport”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

“It has an excellent breakfast. The Happy Hour is better than most Embassy Suites. But, the price is the most expensive”

Although the hotel is the most expensive in that area, it provides a complementary cooked-to-order breakfast and a good happy hour. Therefore, it still has the best value.

The Atrium area has a nice indoor expensive palm trees and excellent lighting besides a small waterfall. However, this Embassy Suite has no koi fishes living in the man-made small lake with a traditional Embassy Style waterfall, such as Embassy Suite, Santa Ana. On the other hand, it has a nice saltwater tank near the guest elevators.

The swimming pool is smaller than most Embassy Suites.

Cautions: The area around the swimming pool and SPA is very dangerous because the tile floors are designed with polished tiles but no friction. As a resule, it is slippery and easy to fall with a wet floor. In my opinion, it is a design flaw. This Embassy Suite should consider changing the slippery floor to something with a different pattern of tiles with rough surfaces, which will increase friction. Please visit Embassy Suite, Santa Ana for a reference in order to prevent anyone from slipping in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Hotels201, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear JeremyNorthridge

Thank you for your very kind, and well thought out comments about our property, and services. I am very pleased that you were happy with our happy hour, and breakfast, as well as the other amenities and decor our property offers. You will be happy to know that we have resurfaced our pool area flooring correcting that danger you mentioned. It is now a slip free floor, thank you for pointing that out.

Your comments and feedback are very helpful and important to us as we do pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service.

We hope that you will continue to make our hotel your first your choice whenever you’re in the Irvine area, and please feel free to contact me with any comments, or suggestions you may have in the future.

949-553-8332

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Escondido, California
Reviewed 26 January 2013

A beautiful hotel and comfortable and clean rooms convenient to businesses in the area.
Area is safe and well lighted.
Breakfast and happy hour are free and very good!
Parking is a little inconvenient to hotel access, but protected and secure.
Unfortunately ice makers on (2) floors were not working!
Internet is charged, but was waived.
(3) elevators very little wait.
Availability of electrical outlets adequate
Refrigerator coffee maker in room.
Staff is helpful and friendly
Facilites are fantastic!

Room Tip: I prefer close to elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear James C

Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am very pleased to see that we were able to meet and your expectation with our rooms, and amenities. We have corrected the problem with our Ice machine on the 2nd floor that you mentioned, and we will continue to monitor it to insure it continues to function properly.

We take pride in delivering excellent guest service, and creating memorable experiences for all our guest because we know that you have many choices when selecting a hotel, and we hope that you will continue to make our hotel your first your choice whenever you’re in the Irvine area.

Please feel free to contact me with any comments, or suggestions you may have in the future.

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Ken at the hotel helped us with a scheduling mistake. He was awesome. He overcame the issue and we were completely satisfied.

We had read some previous reviews about loud former union employees showing up and giving hotel guests an early morning unwanted wake ups from outside the hotel(What nerve, they act like children and give themselves a worse rap). No noise while we were there in mid November. Breakfast was nice, as usual. Rooms were nice and clean, as usual. For the price, we have no complaints. It was great for what we needed. A place close to a freeway and to Disneyland.

Whole Foods was nearby for our snacking pleasure. Target, restaurants and movie theater are all close too.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Hotels201, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 19 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

My name is John Pease, Front Office Manager for the Embassy Suites in Irvine. I would like to thank you for your kind words about our property, and services. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to meet or exceed your expectation.

Your loyalty is very important to us and we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service. We hope that you will continue to make our hotel your first your choice whenever you’re in the Irvine area.

PS:
I’ll make sure to pass on to Ken how pleased you were with his help.

Thanks Again.
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 14 January 2013

For a weekend family visit, I opted for this airport-adjacent hotel. The Embassy Suites offered free airport pickup and a "suite" hotel room. I recommend this hotel. It's in the atrium style, with a free happy hour and free cooked-to-order (you can have an omelet) breakfast. Although not many restaurants were within walking distance (I didn't rent a car), the El Torito Grill was surprisingly good, with an excellent Sunday brunch. Michele, the hotel "hospitality ambassador" was so gracious, charming, and kind enough to give me a ride to visit the local mall. This is a good value, but be aware that without a car it is somewhat isolated.

Room Tip: The room are identical, but I always prefer a high floor. The pool/spa is not an inspired space, bu...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Hotels201, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel, Staff and Services. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to meet all of your expectation. Guest like you and your family are always a pleasure to take care of, and we hope that you will continue to make our hotel your first your choice whenever you’re in the Irvine area.

Please contact me the next time you’re planning to visit us and I'll make sure that our Housekeeping Manager has towel available for purchase. Thank you once again for your comments, and should have any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Embassy Suites Irvine
(949) 553-8332
Fairfield
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel really exceeded my expectations. I had given up on ES because so many we had stayed at were old and noisy. But my husband had frequent stay points which allowed us to stay here free for 5 days for a family of 6. Naturally, I couldn't turn it down.
Turns out, we really liked it and were very satisfied with the hotel. The room was clean and roomy, the beds comfortable and the bathroom very clean, with plenty of big fluffy towels. Good internet connection, too. We really enjoyed the cook to order breakfast (free!). So much excellent food. They even had different specials every day, fresh fruit and great service. Each of my kids had several plates each morning, and the staff kept cheerfully picking up the plates. The parking felt very safe in an enclosed parking garage behind the hotel. (Parking is generally 15 dollars, but was free for HH diamond members) All of the staff we encountered were friendly and professional.
My biggest worry was noise. This is a typical Embassy Suites with the rooms surrounding an indoor atrium and yes, you can hear some noise in the living room area of your suite. The doors do not seal perfectly. But it was less noisy than I expected, and with the connecting door closed, the back bedroom was remarkably quiet. Also, we stayed primarily during the week and the majority of guests seemed to be business related travelers, not a lot of running and screaming kids and teenagers at night. At breakfast, my kids seemed to be the only children around until the weekend. Having been at Disneyland all day with huge crowds, the hotel became our quiet oasis away from the craziness. We were able to reach Disneyland easily in less than 20 minutes (using the car pool lanes) As a bonus, my twin daughters loved the aquarium (and the lights were turned off to the aquarium at night)
We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectation or rooms, and the amenities we offer.

Manteca, California
Reviewed 9 January 2013

December 29-31, 2012
Internet/Staff: Upon arrival I asked about internet service. Was told that I was not at the level for free internet. I asked how many more points or nights would I have to have to attain the level for free internet. I was told "I don't know". I asked if internet could be comped. He said "I'll talk to my manager, he was joking around with you at check in." I told him that I like staying at Embassy Suites & it is always my first choice. Throughout my 3 night stay, paying for two rooms, I was not contacted either way, yes or no to comping internet service. How the situation could have been handled was to contact me and discuss options to attain a higher member level. I also know that comping small services is at the discretion of each manager. My feeling walking away was that I didn't count and it didn't matter if I returned or not as the front desk clerk did not follow through. This is not a good practice to develop customer loyalty.
Towels: Upon arrival there were no bath towels. I called the front desk and reported my findings. A very nice person promptly delivered towels. The second night there were no towels in the bathroom. I called the front desk and towels were delivered promptly. The third night there were towels in the bathroom. 66.7% of the time no towels, not good statistics.
What I did like. The layout of the rooms and hotel is spacious. The room clean, bed comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was great. The staff tending to the dining area and the cooks were very friendly. There was ample supply of fresh fruit and the cook was very accommodating in preparing only vegetables.
Of the two rooms one was a handicap accessible room. The person who stayed in that room is a paraplegic. The room was amazinly large with ample room to wheel about. The only draw back was the tub/shower. Although it was ADA it was not a roll in shower. The transfer can be a bit tricky for paraplegics. He is a young strong man who "rolls with it" so he made it work. For a person more frail it could pose a problem. Overall the ADA room was very nice.

Room Tip: ADA room large with ample room to wheel around. Tub shower with bench, not roll in.
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to rate our services. We realize that your time is very valuable, and we appreciate you giving us your feedback.
I am very sorry to see that we were not able to meet all of your expectation with our room, and internet services, or the way in which your question were answered during your stay. We have also taken note of the other issue you pointed out such as: “the bath towels not being in your room” and we will be working extremely hard to see that does not reoccur in the future.

Once again, I like to thank you for your feedback, and should you have any additional comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me directly.

colorado
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I liked this hotel, close to everything. Rooms were nice but small, some of the finishing touches were missing and incomplete with the remodel. Food was excellent, staff was very nice.
Parking is a little expensive, noise levels were high because of the atrium.
Great to have laudry facilities at the resort.

Room Tip: Remember, the rooms are open to the atrium and you can hear people if they are up late.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Hotels201, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 12 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to rate our services. I am sorry to see that we were not able to meet all of your expectation with our room during your stay, and we have taken note of the areas you pointed out, and we will be working extremely hard to see that they are brought up to standard, and hopefully we will be able to meet and exceed your expectations in the future.

Once again, I like to thank you for your feedback, and should you have any additional comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me directly @ John.Pease@hilton.com, or call me @ 949-553-8332.