Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
US$161
US$111
US$128
  • Breakfast included
AC Hotel by Marriott Irvine(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$153
Hotels.com
1,309 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionnachosmade to order breakfastomelethappy hourcomplimentary breakfastliving roomparking structurefrench toastbusiness travelfront desk staffshuttle serviceorange county airportnewport beachyogurtfitness centerjasmine
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel has problems. The staff is trying to unionize and as a result they are not doing anything even remotely similar to any Hilton property.

Last evening I ordered room service. My server asked that I call to have my tray removed or leave it outside to be picked up later. I left it outside at 6:15 PM and so did 25+ other guests apparently because it is now 1:10 PM the next day and everyone's trays, mine included, are where they were left last night. If you are wondering housekeeping came by hours ago. The tray is still there.

Today I went down for breakfast, arriving at 9:03 AM, only to find the buffet area being cleaned. I asked if they were still serving breakfast to a server who responded with major attitude as follows "Breakfast ends at 9:00". Not I'm sorry we serve from 6:30 to 9 , or some other non-aggressive response. Another guest, and he husband, who arrived at 8:50 AM were arguing heatedly with another server who told them the same thing. C'mon, if you are seated at a buffet at 8:50 you don't take the food away ten minutes later.

By comparison I had to stay at LAX last Thursday night and The Embassy Suites was one of the few hotels with vacancy. It was my first time in almost 20 years that I stayed at an Embassy Suites. Wow! What a nice surprise, clean rooms, helpful staff, a really good experience. This week I decided to try another Embassy Suites. It's hard to believe that this property is managed by the same chain because the staff here is obviously trying to force the union issue and waging war with management by treating guests badly.

I don't get it. There are better ways to negotiate. Extortion isn't one of them and treating guests poorly in business where the product is service is just plain destructive.

To be fair the room is immaculate so housekeeping is on the ball but the room could use some maintenance. One of the appliances is so obviously broken that even Helen Keller could have known it needs repair.

I'm a loyal, high points, Hilton guest but this hotel in it's current state isn't one that I'll come back to and frankly I think I'd rather stay elsewhere in the future. I 'm sympathetic with management and hope they don't have to suffer this type of conduct from their staff much longer.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ask if the employees here are still trying to unionize. If they are stay elsewhere. You don't need or want to experience the level of rudeness the staff ifs engaged in with the guests to force management to capitulate.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
EmbassySuitesIrvine, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear PK, thank you for your recent stay and I’m very sorry to hear that we did not deliver to your expectations. While I am glad to hear that the suite conditions were immaculate your experience at breakfast was not at the service level we expect for all guests. Your comments are not taken lightly and have been reviewed with our Food & Beverage team. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and Embassy Suites and hope that if you are back in the Orange County area that you will give us a second opportunity to make it right. Please reach out to me directly for any assistance I can offer on future stays at ken.beck@hilton.com

Reviewed 2 May 2014

-Friendly and fast check in.
-Parking convenient, but a charged $15.00 a day.
-Restaurant area clean but carpeted area's showing age.
-Room was clean but furniture is in pretty bad shape, stained.
-Bathroom cleanliness above average, carpet in room is also showing age.
-Bed comfortable and room was quiet.
-Wireless is offered for a charge and the speeds are awful. No wired access offered in room.
Why is it so hard to offer decent internet speeds without charging after $159 room and $15 parking?
-Strictly average other than the staff who were excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark D

Dear Mark, thank you for your recent stay and taking time to leave comments on your experience. I’m very happy to hear your experience with the staff was good. We are currently looking at upgrades to our Internet service and public area carpet replacement. It’s always our goal to have the property fresh for a great guest experience. We hope that if your travel brings you back to Orange County that we will see you again at the Embassy Suites Irvine.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel three times. Each time, I was impressed by the facility, the staff, and the offerings (restaurant, bar, fitness center, etc.). The hotel is also very conveniently located next to SNA airport and I-405, in the center of Irvine's business district. Quality restaurants are close by.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear GSNUSMC – Thank you for your most recent stay and we were so glad to have you back. We appreciate the great comments on service and location. We appreciate your service to our country and look forward to your next stay in Orange County.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had went to Irving to attend a relatives wedding. We were originally going to stay on the USAF base in San Pedro, but decided to stay with family at this hotel instead. We are so glad we changed our minds. Our stay at the Embassy Suites was outstanding. The rooms were spacious, the breakfast was wonderful, the staff was attentive and professional. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
EmbassySuitesIrvine, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear rengstrom230, thank you for making that choice to stay with us at the Embassy Suites Irvine. I’m so glad to hear that your stay was great and the staff exceeded expectations. We appreciate the thumbs up referral and hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were in town for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Several family members stayed at this hotel. At first we were concerned because there were several youth groups staying at the hotel that weekend, but the security and hotel staff did an excellent job of keeping them under control. The noise was kept to a minimum, and we were able to access the brunch on Sunday. All of us were satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Kelly, thank you for staying with us for your parent’s 50th anniversary. I’m glad to hear it was a great experienced and that the staff was out there taking care of all our guests. We hope that when you’re back in Orange County that you’ll be back with us at the Embassy Suites Irvine.