“We love this hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This Embassy Suites perfectly serves our needs, for my husband and me as a couple, and for me by myself. It is a great location close to the airport and close to the home where my son and daughter in law, and new granddaughter live. It is ideal for me, for example, as it was on my last trip to visit my new granddaughter for Mother's Day and it was very comfortable and nice to have a breakfast and to use the fitness center. Everyone who works there is so friendly and helpful and I plan on staying there whenever I go to Irvine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassySuitesIrvine, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Kristin, thank you for your recent stay and glad to hear you had a great Mother’s Day. We hope you come to visit the family soon and look forward to having you back at the Embassy Suites Irvine.

Director of Sales

Write a ReviewReviews (1,239)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I brought a tour group through on the way to visit colleges. The accommodations were excellent, the staff was helpful, and the price was great. Our contact, Jasmine Stewart, was wonderful. The location is central for exploring the area. Thank you!

2  Thank aaroncantrell2
EmbassySuitesIrvine, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Aaron, thank you again for bringing back your annual student group to explore Orange County. We always look forward to your group and thank you for recognizing our Senior Sales Manager, Jasmine. Until next time have a great summer!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The location of the hotel is good. It is located right near the airport. Breakfast was delicious, especially the omelets and french toast. The rooms are very nice. You should be sure to get one with a window facing the atrium.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear 506cynthial, thank you for your recent stay and taking time to share your experience. I’m so happy to hear that you and your family had a great time and that breakfast was very enjoyable. We hope that travel brings you back to the Embassy Suites Irvine in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Spent a single night for a quick getaway with my husband. Staff is nice but hotel is not super clean and getting housekeeping to respond wasn't quick or easy. Managers reception was ok, snacks were below average. Breakfast is good, nice to have cooked to order.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Bryndley, thank you for your recent stay and your nice comment regarding our staff. Cleanliness is a top priority at our Hotel and I do apologize that we did not deliver a perfect “10” stay for you and your husband. We do hope that if your are traveling back to Orange County that you will consider a repeat stay with us.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel has problems. The staff is trying to unionize and as a result they are not doing anything even remotely similar to any Hilton property.

Last evening I ordered room service. My server asked that I call to have my tray removed or leave it outside to be picked up later. I left it outside at 6:15 PM and so did 25+ other guests apparently because it is now 1:10 PM the next day and everyone's trays, mine included, are where they were left last night. If you are wondering housekeeping came by hours ago. The tray is still there.

Today I went down for breakfast, arriving at 9:03 AM, only to find the buffet area being cleaned. I asked if they were still serving breakfast to a server who responded with major attitude as follows "Breakfast ends at 9:00". Not I'm sorry we serve from 6:30 to 9 , or some other non-aggressive response. Another guest, and he husband, who arrived at 8:50 AM were arguing heatedly with another server who told them the same thing. C'mon, if you are seated at a buffet at 8:50 you don't take the food away ten minutes later.

By comparison I had to stay at LAX last Thursday night and The Embassy Suites was one of the few hotels with vacancy. It was my first time in almost 20 years that I stayed at an Embassy Suites. Wow! What a nice surprise, clean rooms, helpful staff, a really good experience. This week I decided to try another Embassy Suites. It's hard to believe that this property is managed by the same chain because the staff here is obviously trying to force the union issue and waging war with management by treating guests badly.

I don't get it. There are better ways to negotiate. Extortion isn't one of them and treating guests poorly in business where the product is service is just plain destructive.

To be fair the room is immaculate so housekeeping is on the ball but the room could use some maintenance. One of the appliances is so obviously broken that even Helen Keller could have known it needs repair.

I'm a loyal, high points, Hilton guest but this hotel in it's current state isn't one that I'll come back to and frankly I think I'd rather stay elsewhere in the future. I 'm sympathetic with management and hope they don't have to suffer this type of conduct from their staff much longer.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ask if the employees here are still trying to unionize. If they are stay elsewher...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear PK, thank you for your recent stay and I’m very sorry to hear that we did not deliver to your expectations. While I am glad to hear that the suite conditions were immaculate your experience at breakfast was not at the service level we expect for all guests. Your comments are not taken lightly and have been reviewed with our Food & Beverage team. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and Embassy Suites and hope that if you are back in the Orange County area that you will give us a second opportunity to make it right. Please reach out to me directly for any assistance I can offer on future stays at ken.beck@hilton.com

Reviewed 2 May 2014

-Friendly and fast check in.
-Parking convenient, but a charged $15.00 a day.
-Restaurant area clean but carpeted area's showing age.
-Room was clean but furniture is in pretty bad shape, stained.
-Bathroom cleanliness above average, carpet in room is also showing age.
-Bed comfortable and room was quiet.
-Wireless is offered for a charge and the speeds are awful. No wired access offered in room.
Why is it so hard to offer decent internet speeds without charging after $159 room and $15 parking?
-Strictly average other than the staff who were excellent.

1  Thank Mark D

Dear Mark, thank you for your recent stay and taking time to leave comments on your experience. I’m very happy to hear your experience with the staff was good. We are currently looking at upgrades to our Internet service and public area carpet replacement. It’s always our goal to have the property fresh for a great guest experience. We hope that if your travel brings you back to Orange County that we will see you again at the Embassy Suites Irvine.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel three times. Each time, I was impressed by the facility, the staff, and the offerings (restaurant, bar, fitness center, etc.). The hotel is also very conveniently located next to SNA airport and I-405, in the center of Irvine's business district. Quality restaurants are close by.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear GSNUSMC – Thank you for your most recent stay and we were so glad to have you back. We appreciate the great comments on service and location. We appreciate your service to our country and look forward to your next stay in Orange County.