“Great stay even with upgrades taking place”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chagrin Falls, United States
“Great stay even with upgrades taking place”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Checked in and saw many workers around in the guest rooms doing upgrades. It was not of any concern to me and they were quiet and the hotel was still comforting. I love the location of this hotel, right on the San Francisco Bay Trail, perfect for my 3 mile run after dinner and late night cigar stroll!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassySuitesIrvine, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Brian, thank you for the 5 star review; however, sounds like you’ve mixed us up with our sister hotel near San Francisco area which we do love as well. If you are ever in Irvine/Orange County we can point you in the direction of some great walking areas.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Staff was wonderful, rooms clean and very large. Fantastic breakfast that i was surprised was complimentary. Very close to the airport which is helpful. The staff also provided directions to some local grocery stores which we appreciated.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Tina, thank you for the 5 star review and so glad to hear that you had a great stay and that you loved our complimentary breakfast. We appreciate your kind comments about the staff’s helpfulness and look forward to your next stay at the Embassy Suites Irvine.

Northwest
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed at this property before due to its location. It has always been hit or miss. Sometimes the hotel is good and sometimes it fails to meet basic expectations. This time I checked into my room, and I found the bathroom was dirty and the towels had not been changed out. I brought the dirty towels down to the fronnt desk to show the manager on duty. The room also smelled stale. Regarding the food and beverage experience, the breakfast area has been dramatically improved. It was actually clean. As far as the manager's reception, I have spoken with Svetlana Cahill (hotel G.M.) about this in the past. It was disappointing three years ago, and it still has not improved. Foul tasting, cheap, liquor and the still the same tortilla chips and COLD nacho cheese. This is my big complaint about all Embassy Suites, as they have become increasingly "Stingy". We used to receive appetizers, and now we receive stale tortilla chips and poor quality salsa. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN AT THE WESTIN OR CROWNE PLAZA HOTELS.

1 Thank WineAuctioneer
EmbassySuitesIrvine, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear WineAuctioneer, I sincerely would like to thank you for your most recent return stay and do appreciate your time to share comments. I do apologize for missing the mark on housekeeping issues and any inconvenience. Cleanliness is one of our key values and your experience was not up to our standard. One of our core pillars at Embassy Suites is the complimentary reception because it’s something guests do not get at almost any other hotel. The evening reception features a full array of complimentary beverages, beer, wine and cocktails along with a variety of lite snacks which are rotated daily. We’ve increased the number of healthy selections and have never included hot items. Additionally, we have a full selection of craft beers and premium spirits available for purchase at our Ha'Penny Pub. Thank you again for your time and opinion and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at Swietalna.cahill2@hilton.com.

Best regards, Swietlana
Gaithersburg, MD, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel -- Embassy Suites at Irvine, CA. The hotel is located within walking distance from the John Wayne Airport, and very close to the pacific coast. Has friendly, willing to help staff, and serves an excellent breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Ata, thank you for the 5 star review and so glad to hear that you had a great stay and that the staff was very accommodating. We hope you have a return planned soon. There are some great attractions in just about every direction from the Hotel.

Austin, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The two-room suites make it a really nice place to stay for a reasonable price, especially if you have multiple people staying there. The toilet runs a lot, but I'm not sensitive to noises, so it didn't really bother me. The free breakfast was of excellent quality. The chef makes superb omelettes with lots of optional vegetables you can mix in. Their sleeper sofa is very comfortable too by the way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassySuitesIrvine, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Timothy, thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to share your story. We love the two room suites and our queen-size sofa sleepers in the parlors do have six inch memory foam mattresses for your comfort. I’m also glad to hear that the family enjoyed breakfast. Hope to see you back at the Hotel in the near future.

Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This Embassy Suites perfectly serves our needs, for my husband and me as a couple, and for me by myself. It is a great location close to the airport and close to the home where my son and daughter in law, and new granddaughter live. It is ideal for me, for example, as it was on my last trip to visit my new granddaughter for Mother's Day and it was very comfortable and nice to have a breakfast and to use the fitness center. Everyone who works there is so friendly and helpful and I plan on staying there whenever I go to Irvine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Kristin, thank you for your recent stay and glad to hear you had a great Mother’s Day. We hope you come to visit the family soon and look forward to having you back at the Embassy Suites Irvine.

Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I brought a tour group through on the way to visit colleges. The accommodations were excellent, the staff was helpful, and the price was great. Our contact, Jasmine Stewart, was wonderful. The location is central for exploring the area. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank aaroncantrell2
EmbassySuitesIrvine, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Aaron, thank you again for bringing back your annual student group to explore Orange County. We always look forward to your group and thank you for recognizing our Senior Sales Manager, Jasmine. Until next time have a great summer!