Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 August 2014

good location room smelled and front desk did not resolve workout room was a sauna it was 80 degrees everyday I worked out parking was not worth it , the keys would not let you in and I spent too much time calling front desk , then going to front desk to get cards rekeyed room was hot the entire time . we could not get temp under 70 the happy hour was lame there were kids running around day and night

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassySuitesIrvine, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Chrys, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and sorry to hear we missed the mark during your stay. We did recently have an AC unit go down in the fitness center that required a special order for parts. I am happy to say that this was resolved within a couple days and the unit is back to full strength. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you we’re more than just a great location and if I can be of assistance please feel free to contact me at the hotel anytime.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I chose this hotel as it was a 5 minute drive to Orange County Airport. I am a platinum Hilton Honors member and expected this to be nice. The first room they gave me was a small corner room which was right by the air conditioners. The room literally vibrated so I asked to be changed. They moved me to another room which was bigger and better. I cannot imagine that they had not had complaints about this before.

I found this hotel to be noisy. Make sure you are on the front side of the hotel and not back with the A/C units. You have to park in an underground parking garage which is not close to the hotel. When you check out, you have to drag your luggage down the steps to the garage - poor planning on their part.

Another thing that really turned me off was the morning that I checked out I went to leave there were employees picketing at the entrance to the hotel and as i left they were banging on my car and saying that I should not be staying at this hotel. It would have been nice if they had security out there to prevent this from happening when people left.

I doubt I would stay here again - there were lots of hotels at about the same price and this one had alot of things I did not like.

Room Tip: Don't get on the back side of the hotel near the A/C units.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank StarGazer55555

Dear Stargazer, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and sorry to hear we were less than a 5 star stay. I’m glad we were able to move you into a larger suite and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you we’re more than just a great location. I can be of assistance please feel free to contact me at the hotel anytime.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed for a week on a business trip and the staff was great from day one. Thank you, Terry! The food, bed, desk - all of this was perfect for me. Biggest disappointment was the daily parking fee! Waaaay too much.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carmen B

Dear Carmen, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and comments about our team member, Terry. It’s great to hear that your week long stay was fantastic and hope to see you back at the Embassy Suites Irvine again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for one night recently while attending a lacrosse tournament for my son. Great central location. Clean, comfortable room. I asked for a quiet location and got it! Breakfast is a welcome addition and adds to the value here. We ended up popping over to Downtown Disney for dinner and it was less than 15 minutes away. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mary Anne, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and the 5 star review. It’s great to hear that the accommodations, location and complimentary breakfast made for a great stay in Irvine and that you had time for a Disney visit. We hope to see you back at the Embassy Suites Irvine again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 days for a wedding. The room was nice, clean with comfy beds. But the staff was not friendly at all. So many Spanish speaking who too boot never smiled at you and the cooks made you wait and were so rude!

Room Tip: The rooms on one side are huge and really nice! The rooms on the other side of the hotel are small...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mrs. Williams, thank you for staying with us for the wedding and taking the time to share your experience. We’re glad to hear that the accommodations were up to your expectations and sorry to hear that your interaction with team members was less than perfect. We will certainly sit down with the departments and share your experience as hospitality is our business and we look for nothing but the best from our associates. We hope to see you back at the Embassy Suites Irvine again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I took a mini get away. We are avid road cyclist so it was nice to ride from the hotel to Newport/Huntington Beach and back! Great location and easy to get to the trails. And because of the large size of the rooms we easily fit our bikes in the room. The room was large and comfy. Miss though having the mini kitchen (plates, silverware, hot plate) that Embassy Suites used to have. Otherwise, the room was ample. Love having the separate bedroom. Used the pool but the water was a bit cloudy. The evening reception was appreciated but we eat a clean diet and could not partake of the nachos and chex mix type of snacks. Fruit or veggies would of been nice. Breakfast was very good. And being able to get a vegetarian omelet made with only egg whites and cheese free was awesome! And lots of fresh fruit available. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Z4093XGdavidw, thank you for your recent stay and it’s great to hear the location was perfect for your cycling. Irvine and the surrounding areas have the most open spaces, trails and bike path in all of Orange County so there’s definitely a reason to come back and explore. It’s also great to hear that our breakfast options were a fit for your dietary needs. We hope to see you back at the Embassy Suites Irvine again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We are here for a wedding in Long Beach and chose this place based on location, amenities and cost. We were given a non-suite on arrival, much to our dismay. It was a corner room tucked away furthest from the elevator and very tiny. Sarah at the front desk arranged for us to get the king suite and we were very happy. The room was clean and tidy, with extremely fresh linens and comfortable bed and pillows. The customer service of every person working here was wonderful and helpful. The breakfast buffet was yummy, per usual with Embassy suites, but can get pretty darned crowded on the weekends. The furniture was very nice, with a great vanity in the master bedroom for women. The lighting was good and there was a decent sized work desk with power outlets.

The cons: parking cost $15/day in a garage that isn't ventilated the best and spots are not always available. It's not monitored for parking violators taking up two spaces nor for those who haven't paid as the access isn't very secure. Lame.
The microwave didn't work well in our suite, taking over 5 minutes to partially pop our microwave popcorn. We informed front desk, and they were supposed to replace it, but didn't.
There is water damage in the bathroom which was unsightly, and the water pressure goes up and down while taking a shower.
The cable tv sucked. They really promote pay-per-view over TV channels and navigating was very difficult. There was no channel guide and the responsiveness of the remote to the TV was terrible. I would rather have used a manual channel changer on the set itself over the weird remote. Did NOT like how easy it was for access to "adult" channel.
The swimming pool was murky and had sand in it.
The workout center was nice, but very, very small and could be cleaner.
The outside 20-minute parking spots was used for over-night stays, when it would have been nice to be able to unload out front.
Overall, it's not a bad place and the rooms are quieter than other hotels. I would return if this way again.

Room Tip: The smaller the number, the further away it is from elevator. Like room 645 is close to elevator ver...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peetieswie

Dear Peetieswie, thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to share your experience. I’m glad to hear that Sara was able to upgrade you from a studio to a suite and that you had a great breakfast experience. I apologize for your challenges with the TV system and although our provider does have pay-per-view options there are over 30 free channels with many in HD. We hope to see you back at the Embassy Suites Irvine again in the near future.