“Nice Marriott Stay”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
New Jersey
“Nice Marriott Stay”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed at this Marriott for a few nights for a business trip. It is conveniently located with access to major highways. The room was clean, with decent decor and the bathroom had upgraded toiletries. There is a Starbucks on site so breakfast or grabbing something fast was easy. I also had the opportunity to take advantage of the pool which was nice and relaxing. This hotel is a great stay for business travel but I would not recommend it for pleasure. Irvine in itself does not have a lot going on and once business hours are over there is not a lot going on.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Close to the John Wayne airport, right in the middle of Irvine, a brief drive to the Newport Coast, the location couldn't be better. The hotel itself is a busy property that is popular with business visitors and small-to-medium conventions. The standard rooms are small with dated furnishings and tiny bathrooms.The price is appropriate for the location.
One caveat. During the first night of our 2-night stay, we were awakened at 3:45am by a thunderous knock on our door. I peered through the viewer to see an obviously angry man standing outside. I asked what he wanted (through the closed door) and he replied that he was the cab driver who had just brought us to the hotel. When I replied that we hadn't been in a taxi, he kicked the door and disappeared. I called the front desk who informed me that he couldn't be responsible for someone knocking at my door. That raised a lot of security questions for me.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator core. This area is a gathering place on each floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank allidoistravel
Hertfordshire, England
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed for one night to vist the Orange County Fair. The hotel is on a business park so there is not much there - but is a really nice hotel.

Self parking was easy and bell men very helpful. Check in was quick and as a Platinum Marriott card holder we we given a free breakfast ( there were five of us so this was a real treat).

The rooms were a good size and very clean and comfortable. Weekend rates very good.

The pool is large and half in half out which the children thougth was very cool.

The bell desk helped us get to the OC Fair and we had a alte drink in the small but very friendly bar.

We had a great fresh breakfast ( why are the guys who cook the eggs always so happy?) and when my daughter wanted a croissant they baked some fresh.

We used the guest laudry and the check out was quick and accurate.

We may never reutn to Irvine - but if we do we will stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed at this Marriott one night for an early morning flight out of SNA in August 2012. From the minute I pulled up the hotel personnel were nothing but engaging, friendly and knowledgable. Shuttle between hotel and airport was right on time (and provided complimentary chilled water) and ~5 mins from door to dropoff. The bed was extremely comfortable and the views from the upper floors are great. There were many amenities at this hotel that I was (sadly) too tired to enjoy but all looked to be first rate. Yes I would stay there again.

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 21 August 2012

As usual, the Marriott chain delivers a reliable experience. Check-in and bell service was efficient and helpful. The lobby and common areas are laid out well and impeccably clean. There are a few nice additional amenities here. They have a beautiful pool area with special lounges. They have a nice outdoor patio for lunch and dinner. There is a wine/martini bar and sushi bar in the lobby. And a Starbucks. They have a complimentary shuttle to the John Wayne airport. Every time I needed something, they were responsive and I felt very well taken care of. The room was also nice. Great bed, and TV. The desk area was especially good for business travelers with many outlets and pull-out lower desk for the laptop. This hotel is next to the freeway, but I found it to be VERY quiet for sleeping. A couple very minor downers -- the ceiling in the bath is low and the shower is dark. They have no night light so I have to leave on the bathroom light all night. Also, maybe it's me but I'm tired of their orange and ginger bath products.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Irvine or Newport Beach area.

Room Tip: They have very nice corner rooms with wrap-around windows -- ask for one.
Denver
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Too many marriotts to count, but this was the best concierge breakfast ever. Choice of regular eggs or egg whites, sauteed veggies on side, lots of fresh berries, fresh mangoes, walnuts and other great toppings for oatmeal.

3 Thank CelesteDenver
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My first impression of the hotel was wow this is a really nice hotel...why is it only a level 4. It was nice looking on the outside and in the lobby. Once I got up to the room..you could see the signs of wear and tear..and being worn out.

The rooms are small, bathrooms are very small, wall paper was dirty and cracking, and floor was filthy from constant use..not a issue of not being vacuumed. My sons feet were black From walking around.

The front desk and the entire staff were excellent. Very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location. Cookie cutter clean area. Houstons, Ralphs, and other rests. were very close to the hotel.

Parking is $9 on Saturdays. The hotel was very busy on the weekend.. Parking lot full but always a spot available.

Room Tip: Front desk is helpful with finding a room if you are particular.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family