“Mariott quality with a smile”
Review of Irvine Marriott

Irvine Marriott
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
“Mariott quality with a smile”
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Mariott quality is so consistent.
We are sitting by the poolside at this beautiful Mariott at Irvine California enjoying the poolside service of food and beverages. We are in heaven.
Although it is located close to a business
Environment, this is ideal for a family of 6 because of it's congenial and accommodating staff they are so family friendly. Our grandchildren are having a ball. When you are in Irvine on business, bring your family along, or just come here for some real relaxation in this beautiful hotel that is accessible to so many attractions nearby including Disney.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Vatche

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
sydney
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Set in the large business park end of Los Angeles, this is a very comfortable friendly hotel. I went there for a conference, but to be honest, being a tourist as well, it was way out of the way if you want to see the sights and museums. Going to the Getty, a real must, cost over AUS$260 in taxi fares. Los Angeles is over 400 square miles, and it has a poor public transport system.

The rooms are large and airy - yes you have a balcony and you can have fresh air wafting into your bedroom, which I like. The sushi bar is a must try - go for something different and enjoy!!!

The pool is large, but the tiles on the floor need updating.

As a conference hotel, they know what they are doing. You can have two, three going on at once and there is plenty of room. In fact, there was a large dinner one night, two other conferences, and by the next day there was not a hint of rubbish or flotsam to be seen.

It was handy to have Fed Ex in the hotel as well, for those wanting to parcel something back home, or for work.

I cannot speak highly enough of the staff, from the concierge, to the waiter, all wanted to please and that I was!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the king sixe bed, and by the way the doonas are a dream!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
San Antonio TX
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I've stayed at the Marriott Irvine dozens of times and have neglected ever writing a review. To give some context to my thoughts about this being the best hotel in Irvine, over the years, I've ventured out to the Intercontinental (which is something else now), the Hyatt, the Doubletree, the Fairmont (technically, in Newport Beach) and the Spring Hill Suites. In each case, I've regretted it and returned to the Marriott.

The Marriott rooms are typical Marriott rooms where the TV and "entertainment system" (meaning lots of connectors and power - not putting it down, it's good) are upgraded. The rooms are adequately sized and are clean. The housekeeping staff is fantastic. At some hotels, they engage in loud gab fests with each other and slam doors. Not here. They are very responsive to requests for extra towels and such.

The attendants who work the lounge are fantastic; they keep track of what needs replenishing and are very helpful (when my wife wanted a diet Sierra Mist, they went downstairs and brought up a large supply for her). The breakfast is good with hot and cold selections. The evening snacks and desert are quite good.

Overall, the staff that works here is a cut above most hotels. Very engaging, friendly but not overbearing. Charles who works the lobby area, in particular, is outstanding.

The parking area is huge and although it gets very busy, I've always found a spot (usually right in front but sometimes, when crowded, I have to hunt a bit). Parking charges are comparable to other hotels in the Irvine area.

Room Tip: The rooms at the ends of the halls are quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 November 2012

typical of what yo ucan expect from chain of hotels - the hotel was clean, neat, very comfortable. i found the staff among the friendliest i have met during my stay in US. its bang in the middle of offices so for people who are there on business purpose ( which must be most folks) this is ideal. all office are 5 minutes away and the hotel provides you with a map for all the nearby office buildings. the airport is 5 minutes away. i definetly recommend it

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Redondo Beach, CA
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed here for a weekend getaway because the rates were less than hotels closer to Fashion Island in Newport Beach. Located in an office park and close to John Wayne Airport, the surroundings were quiet and traffic free. It took no time at all to drive to and from Fashion Island or South Coast Plaza. Our rate included self-parking, and we were always able to find a space relatively close to one of the hotel's entrances. The room and bathroom was spotless and tasteful. We had the pool (which is partly indoors) to ourselves in the afternoon. The bed was very comfortable. Great weekend. Thanks, Marriott.

Room Tip: The hotel will probably avoid giving you a room on the noisier, freeway side anyway, but check to be...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed here briefly a couple of weekends ago for a concert that was taking place in Irvine. This was my 4th hotel stay on an epic trip, so it's possible I was just getting a bit weary of hotels, but I really felt the low ceilings and smallish rooms made it pretty claustrophobic. On the bright side, there was a balcony, which I didn't use but was a nice option.

I was pleased that the front desk did not give me any trouble at all about checking in before my husband (who made the reservation). We often arrive at different times, and Hilton and Starwood usually hassle me a little bit about it, either wanting a credit card with his name on it, or not letting us earn points on his account if I don't have that. Marriott Irvine didn't bug me at all about it, which was a nice change.

My room on this stay was fairly clean, but the carpet in the hallways looks worn, and the soap dish had a previous guest's soap, which is just disgusting.

My biggest complaint about the hotel, though, was the security. I have a lot of friends in OC and usually stay out very late every night when I visit. Every time I got back to this Marriott, I would have to park in the back of the hotel, far away from entrances and not in an enclosed area - very deserted. Invariably I found that the back doors that led to the ballrooms were left propped open a bit - I couldn't decide whether this was a relief or actually more scary.

On one night, a truck was suspiciously circling slowly in the back of the lot and then came around to park nearby right after I did. I didn't have a good feeling about it and practically ran to the door of the hotel.

I will be staying at a different hotel on my next visit to OC because of this, but if the rates are good enough I probably won't be completely daunted from staying here again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, less freeway noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This property was very busy as other reviewers stated. Had a hard time finding a parking spot on a Friday night. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was on an upper floor. Very clean and nice. Flat panel tv worked well. Requested more towes, and they were delivered very quickly. The next morning we ate at the buffet because it was included. The selection of fruit was amazing. Not just the usual melons and strawberries. Food was all good. They even brought balloons for my kids!
We will definitely stay in this hotel again when flying late into John Wayne airport.

Stayed October 2012