My wife & I stayed at the Irvine Marriott for a weekend to visit our old home & friends in Newport Beach. We chose this hotel because 1) I am loyal to Marriot whenever possible and 2) the rates in Irvine were much more reasonable than Newport Beach for a summer weekend. The location is convenient to everything we needed including 5 minutes to the airport and 15 minutes to the furthest parts of Newport Beach.
We arrived late (around 11:00 PM) and check in was fast and friendly. Our first night was in a king room with a balcony on the 11th floor. I had been flying all day and was starving (wife had been in town all week and already ate) so I ordered room service. A club sandwich & fries took just under an hour to deliver which seemed like forever, especially when it was ordered at 11:15 PM; the good thing was that since I was so hungry, they could have fed me anything and I would have thought it was the greatest meal ever.
Unfortunately, the bed was VERY uncomfortable - so much so that my wife slept on the floor. When we awoke the next morning we asked to switch rooms to something with a newer bed and were informed that only floors 3 - 5 have newer beds. The staff were very understanding and relocated us to room 441 which had two new, firm, double beds. When we swapped out the old keys for the new, the front desk agent said that their beds receive a lot of complaints and they are working on upgrading them.
Parking was a little steep at $12 - $19 per night depending on the night ($12 isn't bad but $19 is a bit much) however, our room rate was great (booked on Marriott.com) so I can't really complain. Also, their WiFi allows you to connect up to five devices for one charge, which is great although paid WiFi at any hotel is annoying.
Also, I was looking forward to some sushi at the lobby sushi bar but it is no longer there. :(
I'd stay here again if the price was right but only if I could get a room with a new bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling to Orange County for business or pleasure, the Irvine Marriott Hotel places you in the center of it all. This Irvine hotel, CA features a contemporary renovated lobby and lounge with live entertainment, intimate gathering spaces and unique dining experiences, and is ideally situated minutes from famous Southern California beaches, world-class Irvine shopping, Disney, golf, and entertainment. Located just two blocks from the John Wayne Airport, our guests enjoy complimentary shuttle service that provides a relaxing and hassle-free arrival experience. Our guest rooms feature the luxurious Marriott bedding package and flat screen HD TVs. After dining with us in FLOE Lounge, work out your body in our state-of-the-art fitness center or relax in the indoor/outdoor swimming pool. With 27,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and 25 breakout rooms, the Irvine Marriott Hotel is perfect for all types of events, social or corporate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Irvine Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Irvine Hotel Irvine
- Irvine Marriott Orange County, CA