Irvine Marriott
US$203
US$178
US$128
  • Breakfast included
AC Hotel by Marriott Irvine(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$131
  • Pool
All reviewsthe concierge loungem clubremodeled lobbyping pongjohn wayne airportbusiness hotellobby barrooms are comfortablefront desk staffhotel restaurantunder renovationself parkingorange countyfull serviceoatmealsna airportnewport beach
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I never have good luck with airport hotels. The Irvine Marriott was no different. While its convenience to SNA (and complimentary shuttle between hotel and airport) is undeniable, the hotel itself is in pretty mediocre shape. This is an older hotel, probably built in the late 1980s or early 1990s, and is in need of some refurbishment.

Beds are comfortable, and sheets are crisp and clean. But the carpets (in both rooms and hallways) are definitely wearing; room carpets don't feel particularly clean. Lighting fixtures and desk/drawer/cabinet furniture are dated. Bathroom door was pretty roughly beaten and in need of repair.

Some dealbreakers for me:
- There isn't much shopping and dining (only hotel restaurant, 2 higher-priced Italian restaurants) within walking distance; without a car, one feels a bit stranded here
- Parking is outrageous at $18/day
- Internet use is $10-13/day -- this is a business travelers' hotel, just let us use the Internet for free, or include the price in room rates

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank stargirlssc
IrvineMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your sharing your feedback with us, we are disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expectations overall. Should you consider giving us an opportunity to redeem ourselves, I am delighted share that our hotel provides complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the South Coast Plaza, an upscale-luxury shopping center for our guests to enjoy. I only feel terrible we neglected to share this information with you while here. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to possibility of welcoming you back to our hotel should your travel plans bring you back to the OC area.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

It is a pretty standard hotel. I think the location is the best part of the deal. Its pretty close to the 405 freeway. You can easily get to fun places like South Coast Plaza, Irvine Spectrum or Fashion Island.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JOSH C
IrvineMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're glad to hear that the location of our hotel worked out so well for you. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our staff. We hope to have the pleasure of your return!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have stayed here a few times on business and will continue as its location in the business park is perfect for visiting my client and very convenient for flying in/out of John Wayne Airport. The staff has always been great, even giving me an upgrade to the Concierge Level upon a late arrival. The lobby renovation has finished, but now the restaurant is closed. The rooms are fine, beds are comfortable but when I stayed there last week I noticed that my room didn't have a coffee pot or ice bucket. Had I paid the $239 per night price, or had been there for more than one night, that would have really bothered me. The line at Starbucks is always so long and I had to skip having coffee that morning before my meeting (boooooo). I will continue to stay at this hotel, but it definitely doesn't knock my socks off.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cyndo68

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience. We feel terrible that we failed to meet your expectations. But at the same time so proud to hear our hosts provided you with great service! Please know that we have shared your experience with our hosts as our goal is to enable our guests to travel brilliantly and we realize that we came up short for you in this area. Thank you again, we hope to have the pleasure of your return soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed here in early September for five days for business. The lobby and restaurants are still going through major renovation. The front desk staff and ALL the staff that I encountered during my stay were very polite, friendly and helpful. They must all go to hospitality training.
My room on the 4th floor was very comfortable, quiet and most of all clean. I wish my mattress at home was this comfortable. The buffet lunches that were served during my meeting days were very tasty.
Two complaints, the pool(which was nice) was closed a lot because of the renovations going on and that they charge for internet service from your room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed here while in town on business, the front desk staff were incredibly friendly to me. The room was very nice, clean and quiet. I slept well here and there was a Starbucks down in the lobby for in the morning (although I would recommend allowing plenty of time for the line as it does get quite busy).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business