“Standard Business Focused Marriott” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Irvine Marriott

Irvine Marriott
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
Dallas, Texas
“Standard Business Focused Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The Irvine Marriott is exactly what you expect from a business focused Marriott. Check in was seamless with an elite line and the hotel was streamlined. They had live music in the lobby bar which was a nice touch.

The rooms were standard, but comfortable. If you've been in one marriott, you've been in just about all if them. The concierge lounge was a njce size with all the amenities you'd need. Breakfast was standard, but filling. I never took advantage if dessert, but the offerings looked good.

This marriott is located across the street from my Irvine office, so I'll continue to choose this hotel for my Irvine stay.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IrvineMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're thrilled to hear that we provided you with the great service you have come to expect of the Marriott brand and genuinely appreciate your loyalty. Providing exceptional customer service is of utmost importance, rest assured I will provide your feedback with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Checked in to this hotel after fleeing a horrible dump, and was so relieved to find a great experience. The rooms were very nice and spacious (traveling with kids). The hotel is not far from Orange County beaches. And if you don't want to go to the beach, it has a really excellent pool and activity area, with ping pond tables, and nice hot tub, and even a giant chess set.
My only complaint is the parking - $22/day. But with the deal I got for the room, that wasn't so bad. Definitely one of the nicer hotel experiences I have had in Orange County.

Room Tip: It's near the freeway, which didn't bother me at all; but if you are sensitive to such thing...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel lives up to the pictures of the lobby, it's real nice. I checked in for two nights today. I usually stay at a Springhill or the Residence Inn, but the price was good so i went for the full service Marriott.

The first room they gave me was nice, on the top floor, but a little narrow. The guy at the desk said that if I didn't like it to let him know and he'd be glad to move me. Well, I didn't like it. This hotel has big glass doors you can open onto what appears to be a balcony and I like fresh air, so I asked for a different room.

The front desk staff was very accomodating and gave me a king on the 16th floor. Big fluffy bed, night stands and a desk too narrow to work on. No other furniture but the desk chair - lots of open space, but no chair, no couch, no coffee table????

I made a makeshift desk out of the luggage holder and the tray from under the box with the coffee supplies, kind of like camping out. I don't have the desire or the energy to be a pest so I'll live with it.

Next time it's back to the cheaper hotels that give you furniture to it on, a desk to work at and free parking....... Somehow that attractive price doesn't look so attractive anymore.

Room Tip: Ask for one with furniture, especially if there is more than one of you in the room so you won't...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim H
IrvineMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience both unfavorable and favorable. We feel terrible that we failed to fully meet your expectations. Regrettably furnishings do not wear well like a “well worn” pair of jeans. The decision to remove the guest room chair and lamp was a troublesome choice but ultimately it was the countless customer commentary’s that convinced us. I am thrilled to share with you that we’ve ordered additional furnishings for our guest rooms and are currently in the planning stages of installing a new chair and side table. We’re even more excited to share that we’re currently in the design phase of a forthcoming guest room renovation. Thank you for your feedback and we surely hope you may give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here for one week and it works fine. The staff is friendly, the location is good and the prices is fair. I thought the parking prices were a bit high but otherwise no complaints with anything and would return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IrvineMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to sharing your feedback with our leadership team. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Orange County.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I always find it ridiculous to have to pay for parking when I'm paying so much money for a hotel. I travel every other week and usually stay at Marriotts. Two other Marriotts in the area did not charge me for parking at their facility however the front desk manager here said that it's a third-party and he had no control. The room was small so I left after one night instead of four. I suggest the Marriott on Anton for a suite for the same price.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. We are disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. Our team takes these reviews seriously and we appreciate the feedback! We do hope to have the pleasure of your return one day in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had stayed here last July while they were renovating. The new look is great! The pool area is all you can ask for if you are traveling with kids of any age. They now have more ping pong tables, a basketball court, an indoor/outdoor pool, etc. All are listed on their web site but it does make for an enjoyable time with the family and their friends because you can escape to the bar area when you want a break. There are plenty of places to eat around the hotel, food is a little to expensive inside the hotel for us.Rooms are very clean, but a little small if you have a family of four. Great for a couple. Best thing is that there is more to do outside of your room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the fruit infused water at the entrance, nice touch. Close drive to Newport Beach (10-15 mins) another approximately 10 mins to Huntington Beach. We prefer Huntington because you can build fires on the beach and the parking is much better.

Room Tip: Some rooms facing East have small balconies to stand on.
Green Features: "Save Water, Shower with a friend" that's my take on the environmental practice. I'm pretty sure they have the same practice as all other hotels and try to reuse your towels.I did not look into their practices, sorry :(
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for all your wonderful comments and taking the time to share your experience! It is so great to hear that everything from the renovated lobby, to our service and offerings contributed to your overall great stay. We love having you and your family and look forward to welcoming you all back again!
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was absolutely gorgeous. We had a block of rooms for a wedding. Staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating- ensuring all rooms were on the same floor. The lobby is very spacious and comfortable, we had a great time lounging with drinks and apps on the outdoor terrace by the fire pits. Kids enjoyed the basketball court, pool, and ping pong tables. Rooms were clean, spacious, and well appointed. Everyone had a very pleasant experience. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sweet_DG
We're elated you enjoyed your experience with us and that the amenities within the hotel worked out well for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel one day soon.