“Great Place to Stay”
Review of Irvine Marriott

Irvine Marriott
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed 27 July 2005

The Marriott Irvine is exactly what you expect from a Marriott hotel; clean, modern looking room, great service, and the bed is wonderful. This was a Priceline chosen hotel. Once the reservation was made I called the Marriott and requested a non-smoking, king bed, on an upper floor. Marriott gave me exactly what I asked for and the room was a corner room so it had views in two direction.

We spent time at Dana Point looking at the tide pools, Main beach in Laguna, and Balboa Island in Newport, plus we spent a day at Disneyland. This is a great location to stay at to access all of the above listed points.

Would definetly stay here again for a vacation. And I plan to stay here for business.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Irvine Marriott

Reviewed 2 May 2005

I think this hotel is what one would expect from a Marriot. Our bed was luxurious with thick down, and we did not have a problem with noise, but this may be because the hotel was slow, considering we got a room through priceline for $40! Decor was modern and nice, big cozy chair, and large work desk.

• Stayed: April 2005
2  Thank Saltbreeze
Reviewed 26 March 2005

My room was very small, but clean and well furnished. A request to have down feather pillows and comforter removed had to be made four times over two hours before it was done. Most importantly, though. is that the rooms are not insulated very well and the sound from the highway is quite loud. Be forwarned.
It's not that I wouldn't stay there again if needed, but next time in I'm in the area, I'll probably stay elsewhere.

3  Thank CJKatl
austin, texas
Reviewed 17 March 2005

We stayed 5 nights for Spring break2005 vacation. Very nice hotel, beautiful landscape and close to Disneyland. There is a Starbuck coffee shop inside the hotel which make my vacation even more relax. Staffs were very nice. There is a safe deposit at desk which I used to keep my personal stubs. The room was very clean. Over all i am very sastified with the hotel and got it for $50 dollars a day from priceline, which I did not expected. I denifntely would stay here again.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 February 2005

i live in Irvine and recently stayed at the Marriott while dealing with a mold problem in our home. I gave this hotel 4 stars mainly based on the staff. They did everything possible to make my stay with my two small children tolerable. Would guess this place was built in the 70's...VERY small room with even smaller bathrooms, had to shut the door to us the facilities. Undergoing a renovation while I was there. Good room service..the cheeseburgers were divine!!! If you want more space, or have a family, the residence inn by Marriott here in Irvine is your best bet. Free breakfast, and evening snack with wine and beer. Good luck!! ps the Starbucks downstairs is a nice touch!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 October 2004

I stayed 2 nights for a conference. Shuttle picked us up from the airport, about 4 miles away, promptly.Very friendly staff from the time you get there to the time you leave. Clean room with a nice view of the city (and highway). Resturant (Element) has excellent food and quiet atmosphere; just needs a little more decoration. Newport Beach is a $20 cab ride away. Awesome resturants and ships to see. Night time, on the weekends, is packed with college kids so if you like that sort of thing, go for it! A little too noisy/crowded for us but more power to them! If you want to be close to the airport this is the place.

• Stayed: April 2004, travelled on business
Moreno Valley, CA
Reviewed 20 April 2004

We stayed here for my husband's birthday 4/17/04 and it was fabulous.
It was the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in. The room was large, the bedding was soft and clean, the bathroom was spacious. The customer service was excellent! We parked valet and they were very nice to us and to our car. The breakfast buffet in the morning was wonderful, as was the service. I would recommend this to anyone!