Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport
US$152
US$135
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Residence Inn by Marriott Irvine Spectrum(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$197
  • Breakfast included
US$197
Residence Inn
Courtyard by Marriott Irvine Spectrum(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$146
US$132
US$131
  • Pool
AC Hotel by Marriott Irvine(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$120
AC Hotels
1,053 results
All reviewsfront deskorange county airportexecutive floordiamond memberself parkingdirectly across the streetjohn waynerental carbreakfast buffetconvenient locationbusiness tripcomfortable roomsfitness centernewport beachbusiness travelershuttle servicejorge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. The bathrooms are clean and nice. However, the toilet flush is loud in all rooms and you can hear flushes from all the surrounding occupied rooms. I stayed in rooms on both the sides of the hotel. The aircraft noise from SNA aiport is there on both sides of the hotel but not as much of a disturbance and there are no flights at night. The rooms have a small balcony which makes the rooms bright and airy.

The lobby and common areas are pathetic. The carpet in the common areas is old and so are the elevators. The hotel is pet friendly which is not really my preference. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle to the SNA airport and to some restaurants nearby by. The airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes. The shuttle takes about 10 minutes for airport drop-off. The valet staff is not very knowledgeable and acts high-handed when you request a shuttle. Some of the front desk staff are nice while others are rude.

There is free wifi for ATT subscribers, HHONORS Gold/Diamond and for Limited Usage even for priceline/hotwire reservations. There is a gas station/convenience store nearyby. I am rating this hotel at 3*. I would give this a 4* IF the common areas and restaurant were of 4 * standards and if all front desk and valet staff had hospitable and welcoming attitude. I will be posting the pictures of the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sokaji
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We take great pride and care to ensure we are providing the best possible service to our guests in a clean, safe, and friendly environment. We have shared both your positive and negative comments with our staff so that we may improve for our future guests.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I booked this room for 1 night for my family and me. I found that the hotel staff were very professional and helpful. The room was comfortable and I loved the water pressure in the shower. It is right across the street from John Wayne Airport, but we didn't hear any airplane noise when we were in the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the Hilton Irvine. We are pleased to hear your experience at the Hilton Irvine was a positive one. The staff of the Hilton Irvine prides itself on providing a memorable experience in a unique hotel environment. Our location is perfect for anyone visiting the Orange County area for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Checked into another hotel after one night even though I lost the money I had paid in advance. Found hard dry chunks of meat on the floor of the room upon arrival. No room safe. Took the front desk 30 minutes to find a do not disturb sign. Other than one front desk staff who was pleasant, the others seemed clueless on how to take care of a customer. My dog nearly cut herself while walking in the parking lot on broken glass from a picture frame. The hotel is old and run down. I have seen nicer nursing homes. I learned that this hotel is a franchised Hilton Hotel, so anyone expecting a nice Hilton experience will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel to get a good room, not here
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank wjaznyc

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. Your experience is definitely not typical of the type of service that is provided to our guests. We aplogize you felt you had to leave the hotel early.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 949-812-3737 to discuss your experience.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed here before flying out of SNA, which is right across the street. It's just far enough away that you'll need to take the shuttle, and just close enough to be tempted to walk. Stick with the shuttle.

I had a great check in experience, though it seems some people have stuggled with this. The hotel has recently gotten a facelift, and it now looks fresh. The requesite flat panel TVs are in place, and all the usual Hilton room features. The hotel design is modern and updated, almost trendy, but it's obvious to anyone who stays in a lot of older hotels that this is an older property that got a major redo. But, it wasn't a complete gut and start new project. With that said, most won't notice this. It's waaaaaay better than it used to be.

The parking situation is still a little iffy, but because you're across from the airport, it can't be avoided. You may have to search for a parking spot. My advice is to return your rental car first, then take the shuttle over to the airport if you are staying the night before a flight. Same thing if you are driving in and flying out. Park at the airport, take the shuttle over to the Hilton, rather than parking at Hilton. It may cost more, but it's worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for recognizing the Hilton Irvine as the preferred hotel in Irvine known for our modern elegance and personalized service. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff was able to provide a memorable experience for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Irvine in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Came in late checkin for next day flight through priceline bid...and as a HHonors member i thought the front desk person would be more helpful with more respect...she was short rude and not helpful and was disappointed with level of service. When I raised this comments to the front desk the next am they stated they were unapologetic ...only stayed here as close to airport but wont stay here again

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Your experience is definitely not typical of our hotel nor for the personalized service we strive to provide for our guests. We apologize your experience was not a pleasant one. We will take your comments as an opportunity to train our evening staff so similar service experiences can be avoided in the future.

Should you care to discuss your experience with me directly, I may be reached at 949-833-9999.